Crystals for protection against black magic

nelsleep

Good point about the use of mirrors raeanne. I would not recommend using mirrors to simply reflect back negativity persaye.
I am not sure, but I believe it is the energies of the candles and the salt in combination that ensure that the mirror is not simply reflecting back the negative energy, but transmuting it. Candles=light =love (I use only white candles) Salt is purifying and protective. It is also so very important to use only your highest self in your intent, I have not found the use of this ritual in any way unsafe or damaging, and it was used to dispell much agression, in the case of neighbours who were gun lovers and not adverse to aiming and firing around our 'hippie' heads from their plot into ours. I believe a 'real range war' was dispelled by this ritual as they just calmed right down and as I said were quite sheepish.

Love and Light
Nelsleep

sharpchick

raeanne said:
Hi all,
Another stone that is very good at protection is jet. This stone is incredibly light weight but extremely strong. If black onyx is a coat of armor, jet would be a police officer’s high tech bulletproof Kevlar vest. Both can save your life but one is heavy and clunky while the other allows you greater freedom of movement. I love my jet!

Add amber to it, charge on your altar or in moonlight and you have a witch's protective charm. I've been wearing mine as needed and love it.

Conventional wisdom about jet also says that worn for prolonged periods of time, the stone melds with the spirit of the wearer. If the stone is passed to another owner, it should be cleared of the previous owner's energy.

suebee

Black salt is great. Sage smudging helps too!

StellarMyst

About the Tigers eye...

Sweet Irish Angel said:
hiya :)

Also to add to the previous post

Amethst will help ward of psychic attack,

Blue Chalcedony protects from black magic .

Carnelian is a protection stone too and will help also.

black onyx and black tourmaline are brilliant for protecting agains black magic and pink tourmaline reverses black magic also.

tigers eye is also used in protection against black magic.

hope these help ;)

Hi,

I was wondering about the colors of the Tigers Eye used in protection against black magic. I am in possession of the colors of Blue, Gold, and Red (These are in bead form which, is all I have until I can get to town again.). Does it matter what color of Tigers Eye is used?

Another thing. I have read that Malachite, Topaz, Fire Agate, Smoky Quartz, Chiastolite (aka: "Cross Stone", and "Andalusite"), Angelite, Amber, Obsidian, Bloodstone, .... --There's a slew of others, and I am going to have to compile a list to send if you'd like to have it. -- are also used for protective purposes.

Yours,

StellarMyst

wizzle

My personal preference for a protective stone is hematite. But here's the list

Hematite
iron pyrite (also know as marcasite when used in jewelry)
garnet
clear crystal
black tourmaline
granite heavily laced with black specks (a great stone, btw)
pretty much any black quartz pebble you might find
smoky quartz
tiger's iron (better than tiger's eye but that's good too)
obsiden
black onyx
jet
black diamonds

marablu

one more protective crystal

Hi guys,

my personal favourite for protection is Lapis Lazuli, which besides protecting from psychic attacks also helps dispel anger on our own part and improve our ability to communicate (so perhaps helping deal with our part of the responsibility in creating the animosity in the first place).

In Greece we also use Turquoise to protect us from what we call 'the evil eye', ie negative thought energy, but I'm not sure if it would work for black magic.

Oh, another thing- my crystals book says that Black Tourmaline reflects negative energy back to its sender- thought you might want to know before you use it :)

marablu

StellarMyst

Hi,

I did not know that Lapis Lazuli was used as a protection stone! This is a good thing, because I love Lapis Lazuli. Where do you find good information on the protective properties of stones and crystals? All I have is:

The "Love is in the Earth" book by Melody (as well as the picture-companion book that is used with it...)

the Crystal Bible -- and of course the internet at home...

StellarMyst

marablu

where to get info on crystals

There's a ton of books about crystals out there, the best, in my opinion, has to be the Crystal Bible by Judy Hall, so if you have that one, I doubt you need any others :D

In any case, the one I have is called 'The Power of Crystals' by Denise Whichello Brown, and that's where I first found out about Lapis Lazuli's protective powers.

In case you do want to find out more, here's the link to an amazon list of crystal-related books:
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Abou...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=253462201&pf_rd_i=1402710100

I love Lapis Lazuli as well, since it has so many amazing properties, and an affinity for both the third eye and throat chakras. It's very well-rounded, so to speak :)

In fact, I often tape a small Lapis Lazuli stone to the middle of my forehead when I'm doing tarot readings (though only with very close friends, since most people might well wonder what a sane person is doing with a stone taped to their forehead :p)

marablu

wizzle

I use crystals during readings as well. But since most of my stones are rather large they can't be taped anywhere, lol. My usual rule of thumb on the influence of stones/crystals is that they are effective within 3 feet or one meter. Obviously, they are even more effective next to the skin. But in a reading I find that the stone of choice is better placed between myself and my client. It gathers our collective energies for the reading, imo. I want my readings to be interactive. Not just me pontificating to the client. And some clients are hard to draw out at first. The stones seem to help. We can always chat about how pretty the stones are whereas some folk are rather leary of the cards. They give me a chance to ask questions like "oh, is that your birthstone" or "is this your favorite color", etc. Just a simple topic of conversation for me and whoever I'm reading for when things are a bit strained.