Druid Plant Oracle

elvenstar

Jewel said:
Get the Green Man Tree Oracle if you want trees. Same artist. Gorgrous deck, has a wonderful feel to it.

I have this vision of pulling out my DruidCraft, Duid Animal Oracle, Green Man, and this deck all together ... how fun!
Well you see that's why I was asking ;) I want them both and thought they'd all work well together with the Animal one, but was wondering how much overlap there is. It sounds like there isn't that much though so... :D

Lewen

Jewel said:
...I have this vision of pulling out my DruidCraft, Druid Animal Oracle, Green Man, and this deck all together ... how fun!

You and me both!!!!

6 Haunted Days said:
Why on earth does it take almost a year to come to the US?! That's ridiculous. (going by the Aug. '08 Amazon date).

I agree with you, what's up with that?

Sagepowder

Couldn't you buy it through Amazon UK? You might have to pay a little extra to get it through customs but I've done it the other way and it's not too bad. If you don't want to wait a year (yes it really is rediculous you have to wait that long) that's one way of getting a hold of it.

thorhammer

elvenstar said:
Yes, this does look good, I like his art a lot. And it says on that blog that the cards are the same size as the animal oracle, so you can mix them together if you want.
Okay, so are the Animal Oracle cards the same size as the Green Man Tree cards? If all three are the same size, I'd be interested in getting the two that I don't have, as I think it'd be a great set.

Does anyone know? :D

\m/ Kat

greenbeans

I'd like to know if they are the same size as well.

Actually it would have been good if all 3 had the same backs so you could combine into a biiiiig druidry/nature-themed oracle deck...they could keep adding to it with similar oracles (eg one featuring Britain's ancient monuments and landscape?)...but they haven't done this so I'll stop my daydreaming.

My other half has the Green Man Tree Oracle- he's not big into oracles or tarot but he is into plants/herblore/trees -I think he might like this.

The mistletoe looks lovely-does anyone have any more scans?

edited to add- just bought this as one of his yuletide gifts. exciting!

Sophie

[cue loud drum and bass, and the haunting sound of celtic harp weaving its way around the rock music like a serpent]

...another one bites the dust!

I love plant lore - botanical, mystical and mythical - and Will Worthington's rendintion of plants and the countryside is matchless. So...

:D

Sagepowder

Can I ask the people who have this deck what they think it's like to work with? I have used it a couple of times and even though I know that's not enough I was surprised at the lack of insight I had. I felt the cards that came up had nothing to do with the question. Maybe I just need to work with them but I usually get at least something when I use a new deck for the first time. With this I got nothing.

greenbeans

that is a shame sagepowder. did you do an 'interview the new deck' spread when you got it? It's not something I've done before but people say it helps them bond with a new deck and learn about its 'personality'

maybe its just different from what you've used before?
or maybe as you say, you just need to work with it a bit more?
you'll have to let us know....

avalonian

Sorry to disappoint but the Green Man Tree Oracle is smaller than the other two decks.

rachelcat

Sizes

The Green Man Tree Oracle IS the same size of the DruidCraft Tarot: 3.5 x 5.5 inches. The back of the Green Man Tree Oracle is green :) with a thin gold line around the edge and white stylized leaves in the corners. The back of the DruidCraft is brown with a thin gold line around the edge and a small gold leaves in the corders and small gold knots in the middle.

The Druid Animal Oracle is 5 x 5-7/8 inches. The backs are blue with silver three lines and three dots mirrored in the middle.

It would be way cool if they were all the same size, but we'll find a way to use them together!