JOURNAL SUPPORT GROUP!

Jes

I thought I'd let you know how I journal at the moment. I have a tarot journal ive had for years that has a page per card and then readings ive done from the back. But im in a different plasce with my tarot now to when I started that many many years ago. Now I pull a card at the beginning of the day. I note any impressions. Then at the end of the day I journal using rapid logging, the things that happened in the day. This gives me incites into the many many ways cards can represent different things. I also have started noting my daily cards in my daily journal along with my moods, colours i have focused on during the day, the moons cycle, weather and things my kids have done, if they are sick or whatever. This overall journal helps too. Personally I would much rather 1 notebook for the lot but I know I need my tarot seperate for growth purposes. Ive only recently changed to doing it this way... so far so good.

A Tamed Fox

I keep 2 journals. One is for things that I feel the cards represent/meanings for when I get stuck and spreads. The other I use to write down any readings that I do and what I think they mean. I didn't used to keep the 2nd one but I find it is soooo helpful. It's really amazing to go back and look at what the cards said about certain situations and how much you've learned.

Also, I'm so glad that this thread exists! I've gotten so many good journal ideas :)

starburst_au

Ahhh the wonderful world or journalling!

After asking a tarot reader who I was having a few face to face readings with at the end of last year advised me to start writing down readings that I did for myself and then I'd start to make more links with the cards and connect with the meanings more specifically to me... then i'd be able to recall the meanings of the cards a bit better... It really did help. When I first began doing this It felt like SUCH A CHORE!

Now I do a weekly read, and keep that in a journal, just for my own reference.

I did begin the epic tasks of researching each card individually and writing down a few key words / ideas to expand my knowledge of the cards but the task was..... tedious.

I should probably do individual cards / suits at some point just to refresh my memory. Also, I should branch out and try a few more decks. But I love my arch angel deck! It kind of feels funny using another deck...

autumn and the sword

My first day -- Meranda

When I stepped outside today, it felt and looked like Lammas was already here, so I decided to start my journal a few days early. Here's a list of the questions that I'm answering about each card. The list looks long, but I got through the bulk of it in just a few minutes.

What are your initial impressions of the card?
What symbols stand out to you?
What emotion is being expressed in the card?
What is happening in this card? Tell me a story.
What is the outcome?
What is the moral of the story?
Come up with your own keywords and phrases for this card.

At the end of the day, I'll answer a few more questions:
What personal experiences did you have relating to this card?
What events and situations occurred that relate to this card?
What lessons did you learn?
Did you meet anyone who might be represented by this card?
What new insights do you have about this card?

-- Meranda

autumn and the sword

Meranda -- The first 78 days.

I have decided that I'm going to post my favorite quote from my daily entries on each card. I don't think these little tidbits really "fit" anywhere here on the AT forum, so I'm posting them to instagram. My username there is meranda.autumn . Here is my first "entry:"

http://instagram.com/p/rFi2ujxMdh/

-- Meranda

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I have decided that I'm going to post my favorite quote from my daily entries on each card. I don't think these little tidbits really "fit" anywhere here on the AT forum, so I'm posting them to instagram. My username there is meranda.autumn . Here is my first "entry:"

http://instagram.com/p/rFi2ujxMdh/

-- Meranda

I shall follow you there! I'm excited to see your quotes. My IG name is TarotInTheGarden. I definitely think I'm going to answer some of the questions in my journal from your previous post. I have a couple decks that I could benefit from doing that with. :)

autumn and the sword

I shall follow you there! I'm excited to see your quotes. My IG name is TarotInTheGarden. I definitely think I'm going to answer some of the questions in my journal from your previous post. I have a couple decks that I could benefit from doing that with. :)

Yay, another IG user! :)

Wardi7

I'm just starting to work my way through the deck. I decided rather than going with a reading a day, I would work my way from start to finish. I just jot down the first couple things I notice: imagines, symbols, feelings, etc. So far three days in and I'm liking that I am connecting to a deck I have had for a while (Buckland's Romani) but haven't used for readings very much. It's interesting to see things that I don't always notice when I read, I see little things, notice the expressions of the faces, the emotion the card carries. This is also a deck that has such a unique spin on the traditional images that it is nice to see things with fresh eyes.

I've always kept a journal of readings I have done for myself. It is nice to be able to go back and look at a reading from a situation after it is resolved to see what insights were accurate and what wasn't. It's also nice to see the cards in context - a little more dynamic than just the meaning on a page. They come alive during a reading, in a way that no book can ever really capture. Seeing them in "action" (so to speak) makes the meanings more concrete, more real to me.

Would love to hear about other people's ideas on journaling.

autumn and the sword

One Week Update -- Meranda

It's been just over a week since I started journaling about my experiences with tarot and I've completed my intuitive study of the first "line" of the Major Arcana! That is, if you subscribe to the technique of dividing the Major Arcana into three lines of 7, with The Fool set apart. :) I'm really enjoying it, although I am finding it difficult not to look up meanings when I come across cards the confound me. So far, I've had trouble with The Magician, The Emperor and The Hierophant. These are cards that I'll definitely be exploring further.

How are all of you doing?

-- Meranda