A really cool certificate

Teheuti

Most High, Omnipotent Good Lady of the Living Labyrinth of Arcane Cards?
Please, there must be something better than Good - it's so boring. Omnipotent Outrageous Lady perhaps. Or Gobsmacked. I do approve of things labyrinthine.

FLizarraga

Please, there must be something better than Good - it's so boring. Omnipotent Outrageous Lady perhaps. Or Gobsmacked. I do approve of things labyrinthine.

I've got it! Her Outrageous Majesty, Teheuti the Utterly Gobsmacked, Archmaster Extraordinaire of the Psychotic Order of the Purple Labyrinth, and Sole and Supreme Certified Master Reader of the 21 Serpentine Ways!

(She is a cousin twice removed of King Bruno the Questionable, under whose reign the Jabberwocky was vanquished.)

Teheuti

You got me down perfectly. Although I must say I really liked being Poobahed.

FLizarraga

You got me down perfectly. Although I must say I really liked being Poobahed.

And so should you feel! It's a great honor. Oh, well. Since I'm feeling particularly generous today, I might even name you Sub-Minor Poobah. We'll see.

ravenest

Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know. Know who speak do not those.

It is forbidden to reveal the secrets of the Psychotic Order of Azure Truth.

Hmmmm .... okay then. This reminds me of a story:

The populace finally decided that Mullah Nasruddin may not be that wise after all, he may be bluffing, and his obscurity may not be advanced teaching but a mask for ignorance. So they invited him to speak at the Mosque on Friday, the whole village turned up.

"Oh people." he addressed them, " Do you know what I must tell you?"

'No we do not."

"Then how can I teach anyone as ignorant as you?" and he left in a huff.

Feeling tricked they asked him to appear next Friday.

" Oh people, do you know what I am about to tell you?"

"Yes we do."

"Then there is no need to tell you." and he quickly left.

The village decided that next Friday they would be ready for him.

Next Friday Mullah mounted the podium; "Well, do you know or do you not know?"

A spokesman stood up " Mullah, some of the people know and some of the people do not know.

The Mullah responded; "Well, those that know can tell those that don't." and he left.

FLizarraga

Hmmmm .... okay then. This reminds me of a story:

The populace finally decided that Mullah Nasruddin may not be that wise after all, he may be bluffing, and his obscurity may not be advanced teaching but a mask for ignorance. So they invited him to speak at the Mosque on Friday, the whole village turned up.

"Oh people." he addressed them, " Do you know what I must tell you?"

'No we do not."

"Then how can I teach anyone as ignorant as you?" and he left in a huff.

Feeling tricked they asked him to appear next Friday.

" Oh people, do you know what I am about to tell you?"

"Yes we do."

"Then there is no need to tell you." and he quickly left.

The village decided that next Friday they would be ready for him.

Next Friday Mullah mounted the podium; "Well, do you know or do you not know?"

A spokesman stood up " Mullah, some of the people know and some of the people do not know.

The Mullah responded; "Well, those that know can tell those that don't." and he left.

That's a GREAT story! I tip my hat to you. Er... or not. Well, I salute you hatlessly, somehow... :)

Teheuti

I once went through a period of reading all the Nasruddin stories I could find and commentaries on them by Idres Shah and others. At some point I started finding myself living in a Nasruddin universe. I found that even when walking down the street things didn't seem as solid as they had before, as if reality were breaking up. It was both enlightening and deeply disconcerting at the same time - like seeing behind the veil of the material world, and realizing it was all a big cosmic joke (though never a malicious one).

ravenest

Perhaps some of ravenest's posts are less obscure now?