Powerful questions to ask...?

daphne

This is provably a lazy answer, but there is a site called Thought Questions which has you asking yourself (or others) thought provoking questions. Some of them would be really great for asking the cards.

Lazy but useful, I like the site, nice questions! :)

Citrin

This is provably a lazy answer, but there is a site called Thought Questions which has you asking yourself (or others) thought provoking questions. Some of them would be really great for asking the cards.

Wow thank you, I just checked it out and in like one minute I found 5 great questions I wanna ask the cards haha! :)

Grizabella

I just watched a video on youtube, that is an "interview with Sasha Graham" (awesome conversation btw). They also talked about powerful questions and Sasha Graham said she liked the question:
- What can I do - right now in this moment - that will bring me pleasure and also positively impact my future?

I like that one!

This actually made me laugh at my cards. I asked this question and drew one card from the Anna K. It was Death! :bugeyed: I'm pushing 70----that's not a nice thing to say to an old woman! :p

Do I get a do-over? :rolleyes:

danieljuk

love this thread, want to ask all of them in future :)
I think "what do I need to know about a situation?" can be very powerful!

Citrin

This actually made me laugh at my cards. I asked this question and drew one card from the Anna K. It was Death! :bugeyed: I'm pushing 70----that's not a nice thing to say to an old woman! :p

Do I get a do-over? :rolleyes:

Ah man that sounds like a RUDE deck! ;)

OaksWhispering

I am glad Thought Questions was helpful. I found one on the site asking what I need to do more of and pulled three of stones (pentacles) Interesting!

Citrin

I am glad Thought Questions was helpful. I found one on the site asking what I need to do more of and pulled three of stones (pentacles) Interesting!

You need to work harder and work more in a team instead of alone, eh? ;) Sounds like good practical advice there.

machood

I'm more of the lurker type but I had a miraculous result I thought would be nice to share :)

I asked, What do I have to give to the world? I shuffled once and as I did, the cards spat out at me and spilled all over my lap and on the floor...

I took up the face up cards, (Thoth deck) and received:
Art - (temperance) I am a lifelong artist, and I desire few things but to create beauty through whatever media seems interesting or available - or useful to others!
Aeon - (judgement) I'm a Scorpio rising, it fits my personality perfectly. I'm always looking for the Truth of the matter, the deepest connections and conclusions I can make about my experience. I'm constantly working to refine my attitude, to be fair and kind, and unconditionally loving. Work in progress :)
6 of Wands - This is one that I've known intimately for a while, but have yet to see it play out completely. I'm considered to be wise (for a 25 year old anyway) by those who know me. Seems like if I can be loving to people, show them my true peaceful, loving nature and let down the habitual defensive walls, I can mediate and heal anyone's troubles. It's a wonderful experience for someone to testify their painful experience, and I can take that on and feel it empathetically and somehow, they're healed by speaking it and can move on with a lighter heart.
Prince of Pentacles - This one will take some thought to digest. I suppose I might act quite humble based on the talents and plain good fortune I seem to have. It's very endearing that my family will look to me as a leader. It's in my Natal chart, as well. There's some years to go, yet!

This is a reading I will return to again many times in my crazy inner world of discovery. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

daphne

I'm more of the lurker type but I had a miraculous result I thought would be nice to share :)

I asked, What do I have to give to the world? I shuffled once and as I did, the cards spat out at me and spilled all over my lap and on the floor...

I took up the face up cards, (Thoth deck) and received:
Art - (temperance) I am a lifelong artist, and I desire few things but to create beauty through whatever media seems interesting or available - or useful to others!
Aeon - (judgement) I'm a Scorpio rising, it fits my personality perfectly. I'm always looking for the Truth of the matter, the deepest connections and conclusions I can make about my experience. I'm constantly working to refine my attitude, to be fair and kind, and unconditionally loving. Work in progress :)
6 of Wands - This is one that I've known intimately for a while, but have yet to see it play out completely. I'm considered to be wise (for a 25 year old anyway) by those who know me. Seems like if I can be loving to people, show them my true peaceful, loving nature and let down the habitual defensive walls, I can mediate and heal anyone's troubles. It's a wonderful experience for someone to testify their painful experience, and I can take that on and feel it empathetically and somehow, they're healed by speaking it and can move on with a lighter heart.
Prince of Pentacles - This one will take some thought to digest. I suppose I might act quite humble based on the talents and plain good fortune I seem to have. It's very endearing that my family will look to me as a leader. It's in my Natal chart, as well. There's some years to go, yet!

This is a reading I will return to again many times in my crazy inner world of discovery. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Very inspiring reading!

If you are an artist, maybe you will get the taste to paint a tarot deck, who knows... :)

And welcome to AT!

Inchantress

Great thread! I was just working on a list myself recently, here's a few of my favorites:

-What is the thing that's going to move me forward?
-What should I focus on to help my spiritual growth?
-What positive step can I take?