Any tips on how to make my index cards into good tarot card stock?

CelestialHorse

I do have index cards to paste pictures of my fav cartoon show on, I am going to use screen caps that i can understand right away XD Anywho, I guess I can use gluesticks or tape to get the pictures on, but the index cards can be easily ripped. Any ideas, to make the cards not as easily ripped/strong but not stick together too much?

I have got cards that have colored stripes in the back which is pretty cool! I am going to use the yellow stripe ones for the Majors, for Wands-red-red goes with fire, and wands represent fire and stuff right? Cups for blue-water. Green for pentacles(Money), and swords purple.

gregory

When you are ALL DONE, laminate them. Easy, strong - and you can spill coffee on them :D

CelestialHorse

LOL great idea! XD;

I do love coffee-with cream and sugar <3

Myrrha

Another thing you could do would be to go to a good art supply store or a large office supply store like Staples/Office Depot and ask if they have any card stock. Take the index cards with you so you can compare it with what they have.

gregory

Why that wouldn't satisfy me is that CH says she is going to stick images on the cards - not draw or print them. This leaves them in danger of - peeling off again, whatever quality card you use. If they are laminated - they will stay put for ever and ever :)

Grizabella

Since I don't have any laminating stuff, what I do with some of my patterns for beadwork is to use packaging tape--the clear kind that's real wide but see-through. I carefully just put that on both sides of what I'm "laminating, being sure not to let any bubbles get in. But even if bubbles happen here and there, taking a straight pin and poking the bubble, then using your fingers to smoosh that area will get rid of the bubble. Some of my patterns are so old I've been using them for over 20 years and they're still fine.

Amazon has blank playing cards very cheap, too, so you could get some of those and put your art work on it, then "laminate" them with packaging tape. Printer ink is water soluble so if you drip something on it, it will smear all over, so that's why I laminate stuff.

Cenozoic

I agree with Grizabella, I would use clear plastic packaging tape to laminate card stock, and I usually just use a ruler to push out the air bubbles, because it's quick and easy to wipe across the surface to push out the air bubbles.

gregory

Actually (in case it isn't wide enough) there is also that clear stuff (for want of a better word) you use to cover books etc at school - it comes in sheets.

Grizabella

You can buy full decks of blank Tarot cards with the tarotee backs. That wouldn't solve the issue of potential peeling, but it would solve the paper weight issue.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blank-Tarot-Tarotee-Games-Systems/dp/0913866229

There are totally blank cards, too, that are something like $6.95 for 500 of them. I've seen them on Amazon.

You could just laminate the fronts of the ones with tarotee backs if you choose to use those. Or both sides if you get the completely blank version and put your own image on the back.