Turbulent flight

summeryjoy

So, I took a flight home this afternoon after a few days of vacation with my family. I had a bad feeling about the flight since the morning. So before we boarded, I decided to check what the tarots had to say about the flight. With the question "how's is this flight going to go?" in mind. I drew one card. It was the Ace of Swords. I'm new to tarot reading, but I know that swords are generally volatile. Aces are usually the "seeds", so I saw that there was a seed of instability with the flight. I drew a second card, and it was the tower. Now that one freaked me out, because the keyword I know for it is destruction. It really scared me, so I stopped drawing cards there.

The flight was quite turbulent. It wasn't scary enough for a Hollywood thriller, but it was by far the most turbulent local flight I have ever been on. Good thing it was only one hour. Being a local flight, the plane was naturally small. Small planes tend to exaggerate the feel of turbulence. So, long story short, it wasn't the worst experience in the history of flying ever, but it was certainly quite scary for all the passengers on board.

I'm sharing this to know what you think of the cards--how you would have interpreted them if you were there with me as I drew them before the flight. Also, I'm interested to know if anyone has ever done tarot readings about voyages before and how they see certain cards in such readings.

Grizabella

I think the cards were telling you that your imagination was going to make it worse than it was. I've never seen the Ace of Swords saying anything was volatile. The seed of an idea is more like what I think it means. It has potential but it's unborn yet, you could say.

Luna-Ocean

So, I took a flight home this afternoon after a few days of vacation with my family. I had a bad feeling about the flight since the morning. So before we boarded, I decided to check what the tarots had to say about the flight. With the question "how's is this flight going to go?" in mind. I drew one card. It was the Ace of Swords. I'm new to tarot reading, but I know that swords are generally volatile. Aces are usually the "seeds", so I saw that there was a seed of instability with the flight. I drew a second card, and it was the tower. Now that one freaked me out, because the keyword I know for it is destruction. It really scared me, so I stopped drawing cards there.

The flight was quite turbulent. It wasn't scary enough for a Hollywood thriller, but it was by far the most turbulent local flight I have ever been on. Good thing it was only one hour. Being a local flight, the plane was naturally small. Small planes tend to exaggerate the feel of turbulence. So, long story short, it wasn't the worst experience in the history of flying ever, but it was certainly quite scary for all the passengers on board.

I'm sharing this to know what you think of the cards--how you would have interpreted them if you were there with me as I drew them before the flight. Also, I'm interested to know if anyone has ever done tarot readings about voyages before and how they see certain cards in such readings.

I remember when i went over to Greece there was lots of turbulence and i remember how frightening it was, this was before i got into tarot so didn't have my cards to help me but in hindsight if i had picked the Tower and some other bad cards i might of changed my mind?

Anyway the Ace of swords can be a card of success like in the rider waite deck there is a crown and a reef of victory on the sword, so i don't ever see this card as a bad omen and your flight turned out okay for you.

summeryjoy

Thank you both!

OK. So the ace of Swords is not a "bad card". What about the tower? What do you think of it? Does it not mean disaster or some sort of upheaval?

Luna-Ocean

Thank you both!

OK. So the ace of Swords is not a "bad card". What about the tower? What do you think of it? Does it not mean disaster or some sort of upheaval?

I mean it depends on how you read the cards and don't forget many readers use reversed cards in readings? in fact the ace of swords reversed might not be so positive like the Tower the card does indicate some sort of unforeseen disaster but if surrounded by positive cards then i tend not to think of it as negative.

ana luisa

It could be that the Ace referred to you "braving it" and taking the flight. the Tower showed the turbulence coming from the sky, "shaking" things a bit.

Luna-Ocean

It could be that the Ace referred to you "braving it" and taking the flight. the Tower showed the turbulence coming from the sky, "shaking" things a bit.

Yes i would agree with this interpretion the Tower has being very shaky and frightening? but the end result was you had come out of it successfully with the ace of swords.