2015 - so, WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

Aster Breo

What would you think about a chain - for "connection" or hanging in together, linking up, that sort of thing.....that could even represent a repetitive nature.

Maybe. It might depend on the art. A chain could be depicted in a way that creates the same kinds of overtones as the dominatrix. It could be read easily as bondage (sexual or otherwise).

But maybe there's a way to draw it that avoids that implication. I'm not an artist, so I don't know.

Village Witch

What would you think about a chain - for "connection" or hanging in together, linking up, that sort of thing.....that could even represent a repetitive nature.

For physical activity.....I'm thinking that would fit in with the ocean. Which, also has to do with things that run deep, cycles, force, etc.

Abuse.....wouldn't that be with the whip?

Oooo.... I love the Ocean card idea and symbolism. I'm relatively new to Lenormand and have trouble accepting extra cards. More than likely because I'd probably be too lazy to take them out for GT readings which I do a lot of.

What about a metronome for something repetitive?

Village Witch

My bad. I didn't mean to imply a limited, literal interpretation of sex. I meant the whole conceptual area of physical intimacy and relationships based on physical intimacy (actual, potential, fantasized, etc.).

The Whip is often read as sex because of the association with repetitive action, but, let's face it, for many of us, it carries connotations of a particular kind of sex. And those overtones are not applicable to every physical relationship (maybe not to most -- depends on what the specific people are into). By the same token, sex and romance are not necessarily linked, nor are sex and love, or even sex and friendship.

I agree. The Whip most certainly does not bring to mind sex of an intimate loving nurturing nature.