Kickstarter deck - Faerie Enchantments

DaughterOfDanu

Received another update, the cards are at the printers!!

I tried to copy the entire post and only managed part of it. Will have another go afterwards but for the moment here's the important bit .................

New Illustrations
Posted by Ian Daniels (Creator)
Many thanks to everyone for your inspiring comments! Your Faerie Enchantments Magik Cards are being printed and will soon be in your hand 'hot off the press'! I'm currently sorting through everyones addresses and orders for the Fulfillment company who will ship them out to everyone as soon as they are printed. I'm having to format about 500 worldwide orders and addresses into a spreadsheet, which is quite a task. Thanks so much to everyone for your patience with this project, I wanted to get Faerie Enchantments just right, and make it a thing of beauty to treasure. I've added a few more elements such as use of different incenses for spells, more example Enchantments, and addition illustrations in the book. Here's a few to keep you inspired until your box set arrives in about 2 weeks or so.
Kindest wishes
Ian

So it won't be long now :)

moonbearxxx

I wonder if that time estimate is just for Kickstarter projects or those who ordered off his website as well (which I did). I'm leaning towards both but I know Kickstarters can get a ton of orders.

ncharge

I'm still waiting for this deck. Has anybody heard anything new?

DaughterOfDanu

I'm still waiting for this deck. Has anybody heard anything new?

The last thing I heard was a FB update on the 5th saying that they'd be ready to ship in 2 weeks. I'm still waiting as well.

moonbear

I had an email on the 1st March asking me to confirm my shipping address. Do you think they'll notify us when they send them out?

moonbearxxx

DaughterOfDanu

I had an email on the 1st March asking me to confirm my shipping address. Do you think they'll notify us when they send them out?

moonbearxxx

I sure hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

There's a new update. The printer says they'll be ready to ship in another week.

This whole "One more month. Two more weeks. One more week" bit is a little grating to me and I seem to be the only one feeling this way judging from the comments I've seen on FB and Kickstarter. I'm so over the wait and it all appears like very bad planning on Mr Daniels' part, to me.

I understand wanting to do more for your fans and followers (ex the additional cards he said were causing the delay), but there comes a point where getting the product out in a timely manner needs to be the focus especially months after the deck was intended to be completed and shipped out. I've preordered and followed many decks' publishing process and never seen so many updates promising "two more weeks" and long after that due date has passed getting another update promising yet another few weeks wait. But from what I've heard this is par for Kickstarter projects.

I think this is what bothers me the most. So many broken promises, if you will, through these updates.

Frankly if I hadn't felt like trying to get in contact with him would be near impossible, I would have asked for a refund quite some time ago. Remember this was supposed to be out in late November... Then December. Then late January, then late February and so on..

But still I'm sure the art will be beautiful whenever I get my copy in (If I do. I ordered off his website and I can only hope my order wasn't accidentally overlooked) Fingers crossed I'll have it in time for fall ;)

ncharge

I agree. I'm so fed up that the deck is getting less attractive to me everytime I look at it.

Daemon Lover

I ordered this deck off his site too and I get the disticnt feeling that I'm not going to receive it😐.

I hope I'm wrong.

moonbear

Just received another update from the deck creator (phew, I was getting a tad concerned myself)

The decks are printed and will be ready to ship in a few days :)

moonbearxxx

Daemon Lover

Thank you for that info moonbear 😊.

This is one time I'm happy to be wrong about something 😁

moonbear

Thank you for that info moonbear 😊.

This is one time I'm happy to be wrong about something 😁

Me too :)

This deck was supposed to be a Christmas present for my daughter. When that didn't work out I thought I'd give it to her for her birthday in March....... that sort of went south too, didn't it?

I'll either send it to her just as a pressie now or I'll squirrel it away for next Christmas.

I'm sure they'll be lovely cards. I ordered an extra deck for myself :)

moonbearxxx