The Best Lenormand Deck for a Newbie

Oracle Opus

I'm a beginner, while I love Ciro's deck, I find the book that came with the Enchanted deck by Matthews invaluable. The cards are too washed out for my taste but the deck is worth gold for the book.

conurelover

I'm a beginner, while I love Ciro's deck, I find the book that came with the Enchanted deck by Matthews invaluable. The cards are too washed out for my taste but the deck is worth gold for the book.

I think you helped me decide which book set to get. I am a Lenormad beginner too. I have that Enchanted set in my cart.

Teheuti

In addition to all the pretty modern decks, I recommend getting at least one of these classics, many of which are available at bookdesposity.com

•AGMüller Blue, Red or White Owl decks (the AGM Blue Owl has playing card inserts;
the USGames Blue Owl has English verses).
•Carta Mundi Lenormand Fortune Telling Cards (verses + playing cards).
•Königs Furt Lenormand Orakelspielkarten (playing card inserts).
•Lo Scarabeo French Cartomancy (playing card inserts).
•Piatnik Mlle Lenormand Wahrsagekarten (No. 194115) (playing card inserts).
•Köningsfurt-Urania Lenormand Wahrsagekarten (VASS) (playing card inserts).
•Bernard Mertz Lenormand (playing card inserts).

Teheuti

And, I should have mentioned:
A reproduction of the original Game of Hope! This deck is well-worth having.

pluto'sapprentice258

I began with the French Cartomancy Deck by Laura Taun with playing card insets. Since then I've used the original LoS without inserts, Ciro's Gilded Reverie and the Astrological Lenormand - but I always find myself going back to my French Cartomancy deck.

There's some great advice here so I won't repeat any of it, I will elaborate on the idea of viewing decks online (I don't think anyone suggested this and sorry if they did) but if you Google search Lenormand Grand Tableau and look at images, it's a great way to view the whole deck :D

Good luck!

little p
x

Chronata

I started out with the Blue Owl. Didn't like it at first, and I prefer more modern deck art...but since going back to it, it surprises me how easy it is to use!

3ill.yazi

Thanks for this thread. I am waiting on a better price for a newer deck, but have just ordered my first real Lenormand, the Piatnik Mlle Lenormand Wahrsagekarten (No. 194115) !

Seraphina

I have a few Lenormand decks and being a complete newbie I was unsure which one to start learning with, at the moment it's a choice between my French Cartomancy, which I have now removed the borders and rounded the corners of or my Piatnik ... I love both of them for their simplicity and seeing as I'm only just beginning my Lenormand journey, I want no distractions on the cards... I'm kinda leaning toward the French Cartomancy, it looks so cute borderless and the symbols are unfussy and to the point!
When I'm more knowledgable I'm sure I will be able to move on to my other decks, I have the gilded Reverie, that is a beautiful deck, quite stunning actually, but I'm not ready for that yet, I want to learn with a basic a deck as I can to start with.

Ryver

I would like to suggest the Esmeralda Lenormand as a great deck for newbies, if not first deck then definitely a second deck since it is bold and somewhat busy. That's going to depend on personal taste of course. It's just a deck so you would need a separate book or source of information about how to read them but the extra little symbols at the bottom are very helpful. There are other symbols on some cards indicating chakra relations too. What sold me is there are notes along the right side clearly indicating time frames and references.

Izzydunne

Dondorf

Persia:

Buy a traditional deck, and avoid most modern decks. My suggestion would be a Donforf Lenormand deck. Start out learning 1 or two meanings for each card. Then learn how to combine two cards, and then how to combine 3 cards. This is the path to mastery.