"Blue Moonstone"?

OakDragon

Myrrha and catlin, thank you both for your observations. I agree that it probably is labradorite. I love wearing it because it's pretty, but I'm not sure what vibrations it has. I have not yet figured out how to sense such things.

catlin

@Oakie:
What about starting a gem journal? You can take down the feelings you have when you wear the pendant. You can note down the daily major events and how you react to them maybe feeling more energy or whatever when you wear the pendant.

Grizabella

Rainbow moonstone has a very blue (lighter blue) coloring through it and is more transparent. The stone in your pendant is definitely labradorite, in my opinion. The cross-hatching in the stone is typical of labradorite and so is the darker, intense blue color. You got a very nice piece of it. Rainbow moonstone is my favorite stone, so I'm really familiar with it and have several pieces. Labradorite is a close cousin but usually isn't as transparent and has a more intense color with more cross-hatching that looks like cracks. It's a very pretty pendant!

OakDragon

Thank you for the information, lyric. It is pretty, isn't it? Yes, I am pretty sure now it must be labradorite.

catlin, the gem journal sounds like a good idea. I'll have to give it a try. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Keigh

Often blue Chalcedony is mistaken for moonstone. At least I've seen it in stores around here. Perhaps that's what you received?

NEVERMIND...I finally found your photo and this is not like any of the moonstone or the chalcedony I've seen.

OakDragon

I've had a few people I know look at it and say it is really blue moonstone, so who am I to say?