Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 225 : November 21- November 27

Scarlet Woodland

Has anyone else had trouble with their Hidden Realm warping? It's the first Llewellyn I've had do this. Will happily pop back and forth, curving in either direction but can't just lie flat anymore. Have had the odd deck arrive a little warped but this was fine when I got it, what, six months ago? Weird that it's the only deck to do this when they've all been stored exactly the same. Wasn't riffling when I used it in the past either so it's not that.

Would pile it up with books but think this really would take a week under an elephant to start behaving itself.

VGimlet

Has anyone else had trouble with their Hidden Realm warping? It's the first Llewellyn I've had do this. Will happily pop back and forth, curving in either direction but can't just lie flat anymore. Have had the odd deck arrive a little warped but this was fine when I got it, what, six months ago? Weird that it's the only deck to do this when they've all been stored exactly the same. Wasn't riffling when I used it in the past either so it's not that.

Would pile it up with books but think this really would take a week under an elephant to start behaving itself.

Just looked at mine and it's okay so far. I have had decks warp before though. As long as they don't start crinkling or peeling I'm able to ignore it. :p

All caught up on participants now - it was my work weekend, and it was too busy to even peek at the forum like I sometimes will do.

AJ

Scarlet, this subject comes up fairly often on the board, and I don't think we've ever come to a common reason because it is across all publishers, and there never seems to be two people with the same deck, same problem. One member said he parked his car on the deck overnight and it straightened up. So would I :)

Llewellyn is pretty good to deal with, you could call them and ask if you can exchange the deck for a new one.

Scarlet Woodland

Thanks guys :) Not a big deal really... only bugging me that if I leave my spreads out as long as I usually do, they end up warping out of sync with the rest of the deck. Will be good for me to learn to love its wonkiness though ;)

Am going to have to be a faithless tarot turncoat this week. Just came home to find my Tarot of Trees hiding under a fountain of spam mail. Had been playing with the app all morning, hoping it would arrive early and yay, about a week earlier than expected. May just be the cutest inanimate object I've seen :D So, needless to say, this little gem will also be in the rotation this week.

jema

I kinda missed doing the weekly deck so decided to start doing it again for all of next year.
Not having a scanner and a poor camera shouldn't hold me back, i'll just post here on the forum!

Deck for this week (a bit late i know) is the Chrysalis tarot that I bought on a whim and didn't really fancy, could at least give it a run for a few days and see if i change my mind.

BodhiSeed

You've been missed Jema; welcome back.:heart: I always enjoy what you have to say about the decks you read with. :)

swedishfish612

I've been really bad about posting on the weekly threads, but I'm still working with the deck I originally chose for November- the Pearls of Wisdom Tarot. I have a 2nd edition, and I can't believe it never worked its way to the top of the heap until now. I almost traded it, several times. But now that I've really gotten to know it, I like it very much! It's a gentle, healing deck that especially shines in one card draws for me. There is so much detail in the cards that I appreciate the little fat book that comes with the deck, pointing out things I might otherwise have missed. It's been a great deck for me this month.

I gave up on Isis a few weeks ago, and worked with Earth Magic oracle (always a fave!) for a while. Another sweet member of the forum gifted me with a copy of the Sacred Rebels oracle, and I've been playing with that since it arrived. LOVE this oracle. Very meaty and deep, and perfect for journaling and reflection.

Still choosing what I will work with next, but I'm leaning heavily towards spending all of December with the Mary-el.

RiverRunsDeep

Lots of family underfoot and home for the Thanksgiving holiday this week, so there hasn't been any time for daily draws or readings. I did get a chance to shuffle through the Anna K cards, and I like what I am seeing! Right away, I feel comfortable and at home with this deck. The expressions of the human images are so emotive and easy to interpret. Loving all the black/blue/yellow colors. Chomping at the bit to get some readings done. Grrrr....

swedishfish612

Lots of family underfoot and home for the Thanksgiving holiday this week, so there hasn't been any time for daily draws or readings. I did get a chance to shuffle through the Anna K cards, and I like what I am seeing! Right away, I feel comfortable and at home with this deck. The expressions of the human images are so emotive and easy to interpret. Loving all the black/blue/yellow colors. Chomping at the bit to get some readings done. Grrrr....

The Anna K is one of my top decks. If I'm having trouble "getting" a card in another deck, I'll often think back to the corresponding Anna K card to help me understand the new card. I particularly like the Aces and the Pages. And that 8 of Swords, just fantastic.

jema

it is funny, i am still not a fan of Chrysalis, would not replace the deck if i lost it, could very well trade it away, but it is actually working rather nice for my daily cards.