How to dispose of a deck?

ctrymaus

I got a new but incomplete deck from Amazon. They sent me a replacement (which is fine), but they said I didn't have to send the defective (missing parts) one back.

So I have a Green Witch Tarot + guidebook that's missing the 9, 10, Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Cups. It's brand-new but not usable. How do I respectfully dispose of it? It's never been used, obviously.

Thanks!

ETA: Oh duh, could be used as a Majors-Only deck?

CountryMouse

Scarlet Woodland

I got a new but incomplete deck from Amazon. They sent me a replacement (which is fine), but they said I didn't have to send the defective (missing parts) one back.

So I have a Green Witch Tarot + guidebook that's missing the 9, 10, Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Cups. It's brand-new but not usable. How do I respectfully dispose of it? It's never been used, obviously.

Thanks!

ETA: Oh duh, could be used as a Majors-Only deck?

CountryMouse

Absolutely :) Can also frame up collections of the minors for artwork eg. all the aces for example. Also still totally usable for spellwork/manifestation etc. if you're of a witchy bent.

Would be wonderful in a Green Witch specific tarot journal if you ended up making one. You'd only have to photocopy the six cards to have a full image for each one.

If I were to dispose of a deck and couldn't pass it on to anyone who'd like the spare cards, I'd probably bury it with a crystal or some resin; some kind of little offering :)

avalonian

I would use it as a Majors only deck, or even Majors and aces.

:) :) :)

earthair

Practice trimming and edging techniques.
Draw extra symbols, messages, affirmations on the cards in metallic pens.
Use the rest of the missing suit as gift tags and book marks.
Practice your riffling.

But a majors+aces deck is still very useable :thumbsup:

As the deck was never 'broken in' in the first place I don't think you need to worry about respecting anything that was never there :)

Grizabella

You could use them as business cards. You could take them and have people on the street or in a cafe just take one card and give them a mini reading with it and then let them keep the card.

You could frame the cards in groups or as singles to use in home decor.

You could do a decoupage thing to make jewelry or to decorate boxes.

There are tons of things you could do with it.

Green Witch is my current favorite deck ever. I'd personally save the cards in case I might need to replace a lost or damaged card in your complete deck someday.

The Green Witch is my current favorite deck. It may turn out that it will be your favorite too, in which case having backup cards for any that might need replaced would be a very good thing. :)

Le Fanu

Are you a professional reader? If so, order some sticky business card labels with your contact - and stick them on the back - to hand out. That's what I do with all the odd cards I have accumulated (and I'm not even professional!).

Cocobird55

I read a lot, so I would use the cards as bookmarks.

EmpyreanKnight

If you've got large hands, you might try to see what sort of cardistry tricks you might successfully play on Tarot card sized decks, which are considerably bigger than normal playing cards. I think people might get really impressed with people who provide very accurate readings and have wickedly deft card handling skills to boot.

I'm not saying that you should start playing those jaw-dropping moves you see on youtube just before you perform a reading. I think however that it would give you many brownie points if you can learn to shuffle cards in a suavely nonchalant, mesmerizingly confident way or to fan them out with an elegant flick of the wrist, in a masterful flourish. Sort of like putting the reader's mind at ease that you've been doing this for some time. You might even be warned of which shuffle and fan techniques to avoid, since they would potentially damagethe cards, or wear them out too quickly.

daphne

Respectful for me would be to get them in a recycle paper bin.