What if your deck is sending you a message?

Girl Archer

I don't know if I have asked this before but have you guys ever had an experience where you are reading for someone else and they say it does not resonate, but the events from the reading come to pass in your own life few days later? Then you wonder if that message was for you after all? Especially if you are a person with a really strong aura/vibes... There is this funny incident where my friend and I were in this coupley coffee shop, and I had this really strong random visual of making out in their storage/supplies room (don't we all? :laugh:) with the cute guy at the cash counter. My friend was asking about her child's education and she drew Devil from wheel of the year tarot, which resonated along the lines of what was going on in my mind. In another instance while doing the French Heart/Marriage spread for a friend, I drew the same cards for her as I'd done for myself. Just a case of improper/inadequate shuffling or was the reading for me? (I did my best to focus on her though)

What are your thoughts on this?

MissNine

I'd make sure you cleanse your deck of your energies before reading for others. Your deck might have held onto your energy when your friend's card was drawn.

re-pete-a

Girl Archer...

Sounds to me like you have trouble with the upstairs chattering...the monkey house...waay toooo much noise going on up there...

May I suggest that you try some form of meditation ...

It's a very common scenario ...especially for newbies....

May I suggest a counting exercise ...something like ...1 to 5 for a start ....both ways ,up and down.... then...Visualise the numbers for as long as you can...Then move to the next....If you can get to 20 your doing really well...

DOn't fight it...just accept whatever happens ...but stick to it....The noisy Ego can't stand the use of WILL power...It prefers the WONT power...

danieljuk

Did the person relate to the reading at all Girl Archer? Sometimes I think we have to becareful about relating the reading to our own lives. However I did a reading for someone and they couldn't relate to it at all! I was so upset about it and embarrassed. A week later I worked out it was for me and predicted future things in a situation that I was dealing with. At that time I was on a tarot break for my own personal readings and I think the universe had decided it had to get the message out there to me!

From that situation, I always now ask for the "person" when doing the reading and make sure the intention in the shuffling is for them. I also do readings for myself more often and it can get a message out to me if it wants. However if I do a reading for someone else, I try to be really impartial and not relate it to me, it's for someone else :) But it's possible for them to mix.

Tanga

:) If your deck is sending you a message, rather than to your sitter - imo it means that you have been unable to read impartially for the sitter (even if this seems to have occurred unconsciously despite your efforts). Your personal "stuff" - is getting in the way of you reading for them.

Sometimes - I may find that the message for the sitter, is ALSO for me.
But I've never yet had what you describe. (there can always be a first time! it's a "heads up" for me to pay attention.).

So - I might suggest exercises as others already have here.
Continue to investigate what it means for you, to be clearly detached when you read.

tarot_quest

Hey GirlAcher :)

To me the answer is simple.

You probably pulled the right cards for her, but since you had stuff going on in your mind, you also associated the meanings of these cards to your own situation.

Like Tanga mentioned, it is also possible that the message was fitting for both of you

Girl Archer

I'd make sure you cleanse your deck of your energies before reading for others. Your deck might have held onto your energy when your friend's card was drawn.

That is an excellent point, MissNine. How do I cleanse my deck of my vibes before sitting for a reading? I don't like using incense near my cards, can't afford crystals (yet), any other way for me? :)

Girl Archer...

Sounds to me like you have trouble with the upstairs chattering...the monkey house...waay toooo much noise going on up there...

May I suggest that you try some form of meditation ...

DOn't fight it...just accept whatever happens ...but stick to it....The noisy Ego can't stand the use of WILL power...It prefers the WONT power...

Excellent idea re-pete-a, but what's your take on the reading you do for someone else coming true for you and not for them? Has it happened to you? The coping meditation you mentioned is a good one actually. Quite simple and holds visual appeal for me.

Girl Archer

Hey GirlAcher :)

To me the answer is simple.

You probably pulled the right cards for her, but since you had stuff going on in your mind, you also associated the meanings of these cards to your own situation.

Like Tanga mentioned, it is also possible that the message was fitting for both of you

Yes I agree that I possibly applied the meanings to my situation but here is the thing. In the French Heart/Marriage spread, the two cards before Queen of Cups (used as significator for the woman) show what she is like before she meets the guy/the relationship happens.. And, I know my friend. She is not at all your typical head-in-the-clouds, dreamer, romantic suggested by Page of Cups + Star combo. I, on the other hand plead guilty to all of the above. Not only that, I drew the very same cards when I did the reading for myself days back. That is what made me wonder if this was still showing me my cards ( that, and the Justice/Chariot combo before King of Cups in third stack like I got in my own reading - way too many coincidences going on there! but of course it is entirely possible that she will end up with someone who is very driven and has a strong sense of fairness, not romantic in the traditional sense) because it wanted to give me a message or because I'd not shuffled enough... Thanks for your inputs, tarot_quest!

:) If your deck is sending you a message, rather than to your sitter - imo it means that you have been unable to read impartially for the sitter (even if this seems to have occurred unconsciously despite your efforts). Your personal "stuff" - is getting in the way of you reading for them.

Sometimes - I may find that the message for the sitter, is ALSO for me.
But I've never yet had what you describe. (there can always be a first time! it's a "heads up" for me to pay attention.).

So - I might suggest exercises as others already have here.
Continue to investigate what it means for you, to be clearly detached when you read.

Absolutely agree with everything you say tanga. I really didn't feel my vibes bleeding into the reading (I sometimes do feel like the reading is getting tainted or coloured with my energies and I should stop. I do, immediately. ) That's why I was puzzled. Thanks for chiming in!

Did the person relate to the reading at all Girl Archer? Sometimes I think we have to becareful about relating the reading to our own lives. However I did a reading for someone and they couldn't relate to it at all! I was so upset about it and embarrassed. A week later I worked out it was for me and predicted future things in a situation that I was dealing with. At that time I was on a tarot break for my own personal readings and I think the universe had decided it had to get the message out there to me!

From that situation, I always now ask for the "person" when doing the reading and make sure the intention in the shuffling is for them. I also do readings for myself more often and it can get a message out to me if it wants. However if I do a reading for someone else, I try to be really impartial and not relate it to me, it's for someone else :) But it's possible for them to mix.

She could not relate to the dreamy Princess of Cups part at all, or the very spiritual part of the Star. Or the healing waters of the Star aspect. ( I used Wheel of the Year tarot). Interesting that you should mention that tarot break incident because that has happened to me as well! I wonder if this situation will be resolved by letting my sitters handle the cards. Or perhaps I could shuffle it and fan it out, ask the sitter to pick the cards. Thanks for responding daniel!

tarot_quest

Yes I agree that I possibly applied the meanings to my situation but here is the thing. In the French Heart/Marriage spread, the two cards before Queen of Cups (used as significator for the woman) show what she is like before she meets the guy/the relationship happens.. And, I know my friend. She is not at all your typical head-in-the-clouds, dreamer, romantic suggested by Page of Cups + Star combo.

Ok.... your story is interesting. Now, did it ever happen to you that you would tend to give a certain advice/opinion to a friend but when you do Tarot, the advice is completely different? What I mean here is that you are not in the inner world of your friend. If you could be inside her for a moment, you might be surprised to see that this page of cups+ Star combo might exactly point to how she feels...! Sometimes, people hides this side of themselves by fear of looking ridiculous!

I, on the other hand plead guilty to all of the above.
Ha ha ha ha!! :)

Not only that, I drew the very same cards when I did the reading for myself days back. That is what made me wonder if this was still showing me my cards ( that, and the Justice/Chariot combo before King of Cups in third stack like I got in my own reading - way too many coincidences going on there! but of course it is entirely possible that she will end up with someone who is very driven and has a strong sense of fairness, not romantic in the traditional sense) because it wanted to give me a message or because I'd not shuffled enough... Thanks for your inputs, tarot_quest!

Then, if you drew the same cards for yourself, I would tend to think that they also apply to you! After all, you are friend with this girl, so it is possible that you are experiencing the same stuff right now ;)

Girl Archer

Ok.... your story is interesting. Now, did it ever happen to you that you would tend to give a certain advice/opinion to a friend but when you do Tarot, the advice is completely different? What I mean here is that you are not in the inner world of your friend. If you could be inside her for a moment, you might be surprised to see that this page of cups+ Star combo might exactly point to how she feels...! Sometimes, people hides this side of themselves by fear of looking ridiculous!

Then, if you drew the same cards for yourself, I would tend to think that they also apply to you! After all, you are friend with this girl, so it is possible that you are experiencing the same stuff right now ;)

You are right, maybe secretly she is a hopeless romantic. We aren't exactly besties, so I wouldn't know if she was. As for us going through similar stuff, that is also certainly possible. Good way of looking at it, TQ!