What spread you use as daily spread?

leicslwt

I only started tarot about 3 months ago. Since then I started on a 6 card daily spread that I found on the site:

Event waiting for me - unexpected - what should I do
Finance - Emotion - Work

It all started okay as a good way to know the cards more. Howeveer, as the time goes I start to find this spread a bit too nitty gritty. For example, there won't be major change in finance (or work) every single day so I start to get weird card interpretion at those positions.

I wonder what sort of spread most people uses to predict their day? Are there any spread that strike the right balance between being eductional (good as daily homework to match the events) but at the same time not too nitty gritty?

THanks!

Citrin

I usually don't draw cards to "predict" my day. It can cause tension, because if I draw The Tower I'm gonna feel nervous waiting for something "negative" to happen! ;) And spread feel a little too much for every day, like you're saying...

So I draw one card asking something like "What message do I need to keep in mind today?" or "What should I focus on today?" or "What energy is the strongest today?".

Lucas Prince of Cats

I usually do the following:
1.-Theme of the day.
2.-What to look forward to.
3.-What bad will come.
4.-Advice for the day.
5.-WHat energy you need to integrate into the day.

MandMaud

I gave up the daily draw, but at one stage I used to do two cards, one for a "material theme" and the other for "spiritual theme" of the day. Kind of "what's in the air", rather than actual forecasting. Material/spiritual can alternatively be described as real/woowoo. :D

Another one I tried, and liked, and is also useful for an introductory look at where I'm at now or a quick overview of a situation, is the three-carder with mind, body, spirit (or soul) positions. How those three interact can tell a lot.

The important thing IMO is to look back at it in the evening when you know how the day went, because a lot of the learning comes from relating the cards to what happens, whether that's events or feelings etc.

MandMaud

PS. I started off with one card, because I read that was "the" way to do it (there's never just one way, but I didn't know that at first) - and I never got on with it. Couldn't get a thing from one card and still can't. :)

leicslwt

I usually don't draw cards to "predict" my day. It can cause tension, because if I draw The Tower I'm gonna feel nervous waiting for something "negative" to happen! ;) And spread feel a little too much for every day, like you're saying...

So I draw one card asking something like "What message do I need to keep in mind today?" or "What should I focus on today?" or "What energy is the strongest today?".

I totally agree on feeling nervous part - but it help me grasp the meaning of my deck quite well.

Once I drew tower reversed as what meant to happen on the day. I spent the whole day worry but realized that its people around me all being stressed that day while I am totally calm. Results: Learnt the meaning of Reversed tower the hard way.

Victoria's Finest

leicslwt, you should peruse the index of spreads pinned at the top in the Tarot Spreads part of the forum as well if you haven't. Tons of stuff there to get your wheels turning in various ways. One of my favorites is a Morning/Noon/Night spread that I do after I roll out of bed before my day really gets moving. Very insightful and fun! Alternatively or additionally, you could also ask about how your day went once you're settled in for the night.

Grizabella

I like the idea of drawing one card at the end of the day and then thinking about how it applied to what happened during your day. I didn't do it myself, but if I had, that would have been much more helpful to me, I think.

Citrin

I like the idea of drawing one card at the end of the day and then thinking about how it applied to what happened during your day. I didn't do it myself, but if I had, that would have been much more helpful to me, I think.

Same here, takes away the aspect of "Oh no, Death! This won't be a happy day...". ;)

chongjasmine

I give up on a daily spread, though I used to draw one card daily.