pocket rider waite with pixie titles

rwcarter

I just bought a pocket RWS with copyright and without pixie font but I'm overly impressed with the print quality of this deck. It's made in Belgium under the agm banner.

A Belgium print AGM pocket RWS? Hmmm.... I don't think I have one of those....

3ill.yazi

Just FYI, I just purchased a new pocket deck, and it does retain the Pixie calligraphy, and does not have the same kind of super-glossy finish that the regular size and miniature have. It has kind of the feel of a deck of standard playing cards, not high quality, but approaching a more silky feel, but a bit rougher. Which is a small minus for me (I like the tough glossy ones) but at least they are not flimsy thin like the Universal Waite pocket edition.

The colors don't pop quite as much as the current standard size, which some people might prefer. What might be a deal-breaker for some might be that the images look to me to be ever so slightly mushed down in order to fit the aspect ratio of the cards. I'm not 100 percent on this; i will have to check against a standard deck.

Richard

......The colors don't pop quite as much as the current standard size, which some people might prefer. What might be a deal-breaker for some might be that the images look to me to be ever so slightly mushed down in order to fit the aspect ratio of the cards. I'm not 100 percent on this; i will have to check against a standard deck.

Here the images of the two cards have been proportionately resized to the same height for comparison. Compare the suns. The one on right is obviously out of round.

Attachments

• squished.jpg
    squished.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 290

Le Fanu

Just FYI, I just purchased a new pocket deck, and it does retain the Pixie calligraphy, and does not have the same kind of super-glossy finish that the regular size and miniature have. It has kind of the feel of a deck of standard playing cards, not high quality, but approaching a more silky feel, but a bit rougher. Which is a small minus for me (I like the tough glossy ones) but at least they are not flimsy thin like the Universal Waite pocket edition.
Good to know. I love this deck. Increasingly, one of my favourite RWS decks. I have three older editions, one boxless, two with boxes and the calligraphy. All with tiny copyright. They must be from the 80s. But I'm glad to hear they are reinstating Pixie's calligraphy.

Grizabella

There's a kit that I think is called The Complete Tarot Kit or something like that. It comes with a book and two decks---a pocket Thoth and a pocket Rider Waite. The Rider Waite has the calligraphy titles. It's the one I use now. The card stock is sturdy and not horribly slick lamination. It's a very nice little deck. You might check it out on Amazon. The box it all comes in is black and dark red.