Purple lapis??

theFeeLion

About a month or so ago I had a rather vivid dream that highlighted purple lapis lazuli. I'm pretty sure purple lapis doesn't exist(?) So I have been trying to find out what kind of crystal it could be instead. I was thinking maybe sugilite? Does anyone have any other ideas?
Any help would be much appreciated ☺

Starri Knytes

There are quite a few purple/lapis combo pieces out there. They are really quite lovely.

Tanzanite run along the clear purple/blue spectrum. Amethyst of course, purple jade looks similar to sugilite and there's purple agate.

Good luck sweetie. I hope you find your stone.

theFeeLion

Thanks Starri Knytes, tanzanite seems to have a ring of truth to it and even purple agate could work.
Do you know of any deep purple crystals that have inclusions? Like lapis has pyrite. I keep getting the feeling there is something missing

Onion Budgie

How about Charoite?

Starri Knytes

Thanks Starri Knytes, tanzanite seems to have a ring of truth to it and even purple agate could work.
Do you know of any deep purple crystals that have inclusions? Like lapis has pyrite. I keep getting the feeling there is something missing
Sweetie do a Google image search for Tanzanite rough and/or Tanzanite sphere. I think you might find what you're looking for.

EvaSegovia

Yes. Charoite would give you the look of inclusions, but it's rather a light purple. You've got me intrigued... I'm going to check it out myself. If I find a stone as deep dark as the lapis, with what looks like inclusions, and purple in color, I'll post...

EvaSegovia

OK. I googled "images charoite". There are some beautiful examples of deep dark stones. One example looks very similar to lapis! Check it out... Also sugilite - check that out as well. Let us know which comes closest

ben Anat

I second others' recommendations to check out charoite and sugilite.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone on the market saying they were selling "purple lapis" though. Lapis is faked often enough as it is.

ncharge

Tanzanite and amethyst are far more translucent than Lapis. I would check out Lepidolite, Charoite, and purple (or plum) jasper.

magicjack

Try googling Lapis Lazuli and Solomite. They are almost identical. Lapis is suppose to have a little sparkle... (But that can be questionable as well). There is a YouTube vid on how to tell but it takes a special scratch test.

(It becomes tricky between blue and purple)

Sorry it's Sodalite