Question about North node in Leo

laurence

Hi everyone,

The north node is moving into Leo this month till october 2018.

I don't know a lot about astrology. I would like to know if my north node is in Leo in house 1 in my natal chart, how can I know in which house is my north node from May 2017;

This is the link to my natal chart:http://www.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/...paris&COUNTRY=FR&STATE=&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

I don't know if this question is understandable. Please feel free to let me know.
Thank you very much

jnett

Hi everyone,

I don't know a lot about astrology. I would like to know if my north node is in Leo in house 1 in my natal chart, how can I know in which house is my north node from May 2017;

This is the link to my natal chart:http://www.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/...paris&COUNTRY=FR&STATE=&INPUT9=&Submit=Submit

I don't know if this question is understandable. Please feel free to let me know.
Thank you very much

Research it online with google and you should find the answer with a little bit of work.

laurence

Research it online with google and you should find the answer with a little bit of work.
ok I will try, thanks for your answer

wind

Hi laurence!

In your natal chart, your north node is in Leo in the first house, yes. This is where it was placed at the time of your birth - or in another way, when you were born, the north node was at 18'07 degrees of Leo. This is your NATAL position.

What you are asking about now is the TRANSITING position of the node - that is the position of the node NOW. And now the node is again entering Leo, at 29 degrees, and in your chart this is in the second house, right at the end of Leo.
You need to know that the nodes move backwards, so the node came from Virgo, entered Leo from the end, and it will travel towards the first degree of Leo, then enter Cancer, etc. So, in your chart, the TRANSITING node is now in the second house.

Does this help? Tell me if you need more clarification!

And by the way, you have a very interesting chart :) Full of Plutonian-Scorpio energy, a lot of emphasis on relationships, very private...and very intense. We can have a glance at it more closely :)

jnett

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much

I was under the impression we couldn't read charts on this site unless someone gave their opinion first? Maybe it's only in Tarot section. I was having the impression you wanted to know how the North Node affected your life in some way? I do know of a website that will give you a more detailed scope of your chart with interpretations for free. If the moderators give their ok, I will post the link. There really is a great deal of discussion going on with the nodes of fate right now. Go on Google and type in, North Node astrology, make sure you select the videos option on Google. Enjoy! :)

laurence

Hi Wind!
Hi laurence!

In your natal chart, your north node is in Leo in the first house, yes. This is where it was placed at the time of your birth - or in another way, when you were born, the north node was at 18'07 degrees of Leo. This is your NATAL position.

What you are asking about now is the TRANSITING position of the node - that is the position of the node NOW. And now the node is again entering Leo, at 29 degrees, and in your chart this is in the second house, right at the end of Leo.
You need to know that the nodes move backwards, so the node came from Virgo, entered Leo from the end, and it will travel towards the first degree of Leo, then enter Cancer, etc. So, in your chart, the TRANSITING node is now in the second house.
This is exactly what I wanted to find out. Thank you. Do you know how or where I can search about transiting position in regards to a natal chart. It probably sounds naive for you who know a lot more about astrology. For example what do I need to look at to determine when the north node will enter my 2nd house and so on.
If I watch on YouTube an horoscope for libra, the astrologer will tell that this planet is in this sign in this house, but It's not correct for me. For exemple if Jupiter is in Libra in the 3RD house, as far as I am concerned It will be in another house. Is that correct?
Does this help? Tell me if you need more clarification!

And by the way, you have a very interesting chart :) Full of Plutonian-Scorpio energy, a lot of emphasis on relationships, very private...and very intense. We can have a glance at it more closely :)
Yes a lot of Scorpio energy indeed. I would love someone to explain to me what I should pay attention in order to progress. Thank you so much for your explanation!

wind

Hi laurence,

in order to exactly follow the movement of the planets or points you need to use a programme or look in the ephemeris. Ephemeris are the tables showing the exact positions for each day, for each planet or point. It is not that hard to use them.

You can find the ephemirs here:
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

You look in 21st century, year 2017 (you don't need to look at those tables that say 'with declination and latitude', just look into the basic ones). If you click on 2017, the whole year opens, you search for May. If you take a look at 10th May, you will see that the north node is marked as entering Leo (29 degrees). Sometimes the date or hour can vary, depending on whether the ephemerisis are set for noon or midnight, which part of the world is taken in question, etc, but this doesn't have that much significance for your use.

You need to know the symbol for the north node - or for any planet or point that you want to look at. If you don't know the symbol, just type it into google, you will find it very quickly. And then you can just search for it in the ephemeris.

With nodes, there are two possibilities - you can use the True Node or the Mean Node. You can read more about it on internet, I won't go into lengthy talk now, it has to do whether you chose the 'true position', or the average position of the movement. The difference is extremely small, almost neglectable, so it is just a matter of choice which position to use. In this ephemeris, both positions are given, true and mean: mean is the third from the back, and the true position is the fourth from the back. If you know the symbol for the node, you will see that the true position is marked with a small 't' inside.

You can choose whichever position you like; there is a small difference, as you will see, the mean node entered leo on 29th of April, whereas the true node on 10th of May - and with the true node you also notice this small retrograde-direct movement. It has to do with astronomy, you can read more about it and the nodes in general here: https://www.forrestastrology.com/blogs/astrology/mean-nodes-vs-true-nodes

So as for the ephemeris: for each planet/point the changes in degrees are marked as the planet moves on a daily basis. This way you can follow the movements through the ephemeris. For instance, if you take a look at the 1st may, you will see that the north node (true) is at 0 degree of Virgo - and then you see an R written next to it. This means that its movement is retrograde. Then there is a small window of direct motion - and you will see this marked with D. And then again R and again D in the next few days. This is the 'wobbling' of the true node, it goes back and forth - in the mean node this wobbling is taken out and only the average position is calculated.

Anyways, this doesn't matter so much, whether you chose to follow the 'wobbling' or not - the point is to see the changes in the signs. It is true that the mean node entered Leo a little earlier, but in overall, these are small differences.

So this is the first part, know how to look at the ephemeris. You can also have astrological programs that draw how the planets move, but if you don't have such a programe, you simply look at the ephemeris. It is very easy to read them, nothing complicated, you have all the degrees shown for each planet on a daily basis, if you see an R, this menas that the planet changed its movement into retrograde motion, and if you see a D, this means that the planet moves direct again. This is basically all you need to pay attention to. Remember that Sun and Moon are never retrograde, so you won't find and R or D with them.

Now you need to look at your natal chart - you need to see at which degrees of the zodiac signs your houses begin and end. Your second house begins at 21 degrees of Leo (the image your provided does not show minutes, so we can only discern degrees, but this is perfectly fine and sufficient), and ends at 13 of Virgo. Can you see that in your chart? Do you know what the ascendant is, which line? It is the very first line on the left side of the circle, it is usually marked bold since ascendant-descendant axis has a great importance. Your ascendant is at 3 degrees of Leo - do you see that? Just look for the symbol of leo and you will recognize it in your chart. The ascendant is at the same time - in the system we use (there are other options) - the cusp of your first house. So this means, your ascendant is at 3 degrees of Leo AND your first house begins at 3 degrees of leo. Then you have to follow and see the cusp of your second house which is at 21 degrees of Leo. And then the next house, the second, begins at 13 degrees of Virgo - and this is also the end of the second house, of course. And then the fourth house begins at 13 degrees of Libra, etc. Can you follow this? if you do, then it is very easy - just see in the ephemeris where the planet or point you want to look at is on the day you are interested in. So North node is NOW, 11th of May, at 29 degrees 44 minutes of leo (true position). So now you go and search this exact degree of leo (29-44) in your chart - and you will find it in your second house. This means that the TRANSITING north node is now in your second house.

You can trace all the planets/points in this way. You do need to know the zodiac symbols, see the cusps of the houses - but this is basically just like reading a circle. The whole circle has 360 degrees, each sign takes 30 degrees. In this system that we use, the houses begin somewhere inside of the sign. You just need to see the cusp and you can discern your houses.

Is this clear? it is not so easy to write it all down, but it is basically very simple. Of course the interpretation and understanding of what the movements mean and how they reflect in our lives, that is another story :) But just to see where the transiting planets or points are in our charts, you basically just need to trace the movements in the ephemeris and then place them in your circle, your natal chart, looking for the exact same degree of the sign.

wind

As for Jupiter - today he is at 14 degrees 30 minutes of Libra and this is basically exactly at the cusp between the third and the fourth house of your horoscope. I don't see the degrees so clearly in the image your provided, but it is close enough. When a planet is on a cusp of a house, it is basically already in this very same house, so we can say that Jupiter is already having effect in your fourth house. It is true that his motion is retrograde now but he will change direct again at 13 degrees of Libra on 10th of June (you can see the D in the ephemeris), so this is not so significant in the sense that it doesn't change the fact that now he is transiting the cusp of your fourth house. Therefore I would interpret this transit in the fourth house.

The site for the ephemeris, astro.com has quite a good programe to calculate charts and they are more clear to read. You can try use that one and see how it works for you!