Giant Thoth?

Rubycon

I bought an older release of Thoth Tarot and the cards are warped. The cards I have are 3 3/4 by 5 1/2. Do you know if the new Thoth is the same or smaller? I noticed in here the dimensions are smaller and I want to get a new deck but the same size. Thanks.

Zephyros

I bought an older release of Thoth Tarot and the cards are warped. The cards I have are 3 3/4 by 5 1/2. Do you know if the new Thoth is the same or smaller? I noticed in here the dimensions are smaller and I want to get a new deck but the same size. Thanks.

There are different editions, regardless of the age. I use the normal sized version (it fits in the back pockets of jeans) while there is also a large version, also in a violet colored box (I think). Anyway, about the warp, I recently read a great suggestion (maybe by Laura Borealis) that I'm going to try. Order the cards alternately back to front, put some weight on it, like a few books (I intent to use actual weights) and leave it for a few days or weeks. Simple and makes sense that it would work, although I have yet to try it.

Rubycon

Haha yeah that was my thread too. I tried it for a week and cards are better but I think they were stored in a damp area. So the new edition is not the giant size?

Zephyros

As far as I know new printings come in both sizes, maybe more. There's the big one and the pocket, normal size. Both are still in print and can be easily obtained. Come to think of it, I should get a giant Thoth myself.

Richard

The giant Thoth (3-3/4 x 5-1/2) comes in a pale green box: ISBN 9780913866153.

Rubycon

The cards feel really good in my hands. I think they're the perfect size for me. So the normal size is the deck dimensions listed on here presumably?

Richard

The cards feel really good in my hands. I think they're the perfect size for me. So the normal size is the deck dimensions listed on here presumably?
Most people probably have the purple box edition, the cards of which are about 2-3/4 x 4-1/4: ISBN 9780880793087. I prefer the larger size green box. Both sizes are in print.

Owl Tarot

As far as I know new printings come in both sizes, maybe more. There's the big one and the pocket, normal size. Both are still in print and can be easily obtained. Come to think of it, I should get a giant Thoth myself.

It is great for meditation in my opinion. I myself possess my pocket Swiss and my big Thoth, and I use each for different reasons but the big Thoth has also a nice feeling while holding it!