Lurea's Love Forecast

LadyBlackRose

Lurea said:
I like the internal focus in the first part of Zander's love search spread, so I paraphrased that part. Based on my experiences, I may be altering the position meanings as well. Initially, you draw three cards that should show why you haven't found the love you want, how to overcome the obstacle and a positive action you can take.

Then, divide the cards left in the deck into four piles-court cards, numbered minors, majors, and aces, and draw one card from each pile.

I really do love this spread. And I plan to try it out right now. :D But, something kind of confuses me. Lets say you shuffle your cards and you pull out the first 3 cards. What if one of them is a court card? What if when you cut your cards into your piles you might need that court card? Perhaps maybe this might be two readings? Do the 3 cards first and then put them back into the deck and reshuffle and follow up with the next cards?

Lurea

If it was just one court card, I would probably leave it out. After all, if the cards feels like one certain court card *has* to go there then obviously that's because it isn't supposed to go anywhere else. :)

When I've done this spread, any aces, courts, etc, that come up in the first three spaces I just leave 'em where they are, and shuffle what's left for the remaining positions.

Little Baron

Thanks for this spread. I was surprised how well it worked as well and it gave me some good answers.

It brought back memories of my first boyfriend. I had never thought of him as the 'King of Cups' before, even though he very much was. It gave me an idea of 'who' my next love might be and comforted my worries that he might not be good for me. I see the KoC as someone that would be kind, caring and sensitive - as apose to a two-timing rat.

I intuitively saw the 'Ace of Swords' as Spring. We are still in Spring, arn't we. Or do I have to wait another year? One nice touch, which I hadn't noticed before, was that the plants falling from the crown on the ace, formed the faint outline of a heart. It made me smile and was like a 'wink' from the tarot, with reference to this kind of reading.

Excellent spread. Well worth taking the time to use it properly.

LB

SUNstruck

I just had to let you know that your spread is amazing! exactly what I needed and not confusing in the least... thank you so much for posting!

EnglishRose

Thanks for posting this spread. I've copied it down and can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

redflash

Another one to try out ! Think I might get a chance tomorrow. My love life has always been -- fall for bad boy....get hurt by bad boy...... try to make things work with nice boy....get bored of nice boy......fall for bad boy..... etc etc !! LOL, I think it must be a family thing, all the women in it are rubbish at picking men !!

So I shall try this spread, because surprise surprise, I have just been hurt by a bad boy.

* wondering if I will ever learn *

Sun_child_LXIV

I gave this a go the other day and it seemed insightful. However, should one allow for reversals when the deck is divided up? For some reason that didn't feel right to me.

Lurea

I typically don't use reversals when I read, so I didn't really design this spread with them in mind. Plus, I think that if you are reading this intuitively, looking for seasonal/time cues and so on, then reversals would just be too distracting--"does the Easter lily reversed mean September instead of March??" :)

Thanks so much for the input, hope you enjoy the spread!

Ookami-sama

Thank you so much! This has helped me and a couple of my friends!

Lurea

I'm so glad to hear this!! Thank you:)

In fact, I just had another friend asking me about, "his next love" so I am getting ready to use it again. It's very comforting to hear that it works for others too!