Circo Tarot by Tightrope Press in LA

strings of life

I'm considering funding this recent campaign. I'm really drawn to the imagery; it reminds me of the Sakki Sakki in many ways.

Can anyone who has the deck tell me a few things?

**How does it read?
**Do you read with it regularly?
**Do you like/not like the card stock and why?
**What is your favorite thing about the deck? Least favorite?

Or anything else you feel like mentioning. Enable me :).

rylla

Com' on, half funded, 17 days to go. Hope it'll reach the goal. It reminds me of Sakki-Sakki too.

Here is a better view of the cards from the artist's website. I liked them from the moment I saw them.

http://www.marisadelapena.com/tarot-cards/

jaimiequick

April 2016 New Kickstarter for Circo Tarot

I'm considering funding this recent campaign. I'm really drawn to the imagery; it reminds me of the Sakki Sakki in many ways.

**How does it read?

Hi, there! It's funny, the Circo definitely reminds me of the Sakki Sakki, too. It's half-way to its goal, as of today, with half the campaign to go.

To enable you, let me say that everyone who has it that I know (not me, *sniff sniff* because I missed it first time around and now it's GONE) LOVES IT! They rave about card stock and readability. I wish I had more compelling, first-hand enabling info for you, but right now, I'm in the cheap seats just hoping it will make!

FaintlyMacabre

When I checked on this, it appeared that it had two printings, one with borders and one without. Am I wrong?

(And am I the only one not drawn to this one? I like the backs.) I got out the Sakki-Sakki and I prefer it and it is still cheaper. This seems over-priced although maybe it will be worth it. I love the package on the Sakki-Sakki but the card stock isn't great.

I've just been curious.

Diana

quickbane

**How does it read?

I don't have the deck, but Nobody Here on youtube has a video review of the previous printings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSHPcSphAM). Hope this helps!

quickbane

When I checked on this, it appeared that it had two printings, one with borders and one without. Am I wrong?

(And am I the only one not drawn to this one? I like the backs.) I got out the Sakki-Sakki and I prefer it and it is still cheaper. This seems over-priced although maybe it will be worth it. I love the package on the Sakki-Sakki but the card stock isn't great.

I've just been curious.

Diana

I don't feel that the deck is overpriced for a indie deck produced locally in the US (the artist has said all production will be within 40 miles of her!) instead of mass-produced in another country.

But I also love the art and am not drawn to the Sakki-Sakki at all! We all have different tastes and not everyone has to like and support every deck ;)

FaintlyMacabre

I don't feel that the deck is overpriced for a indie deck produced locally in the US (the artist has said all production will be within 40 miles of her!) instead of mass-produced in another country.

But I also love the art and am not drawn to the Sakki-Sakki at all! We all have different tastes and not everyone has to like and support every deck ;)

You are right. There are a lot of them that don't appeal to me and appeal to others and probably the reverse is true. OTOH, I have no real interest in the LA economy to that extent (or LA).

I missed the new bag though. Will have to look.
Edit: I suppose there is reasonable answer but I wonder why the print is crooked on the bag. It is definitely better looking than the other one I saw although a bag is better than no bag.

Diana

Pixna

Is the Circo Tarot available for sale anywhere now?