.traveller.'s tarot

.traveller.

Thanks for the input! That's why I started with the minors, I felt like I had more artistic freedom. I was reading up on the card when I noticed that there was very little deviation from the RWS. From my point of view, I didn't see the heart aspect as integral to the meaning of the card, however I didn't want to handicap the card by leaving too much out. I feel my interpretation of the image will enhance the card without requiring a direct reference to the heart.
All of this angst over balance and twos has lead me to another quandary. The two of cups is the only two card that has more than one person in the picture. Should I balance this by incorporating another person into the two of wands or should I remove the extra person from the two of cups? I always felt that the two of wands was lacking in substance and the addition of a second figure would enhance the card's meaning. Conversely, I am having difficulty envisioning the two of cups with only a single figure without it becoming a copy of the two of coins. *sigh*

.traveller.

progress, I guess...

Blech. Here is the two of swords so far. The hands and the swords are not finished yet. The swords will be different from one another, one will be conceptual/immaterial and the other rational/material. Kind of like how she's floating in the air like that. And yes, I reject the androgyny and skinny figures that are often seen in other decks.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/traveller_photos/deck concept images/2Sinprogress.jpg

*sigh* This card is kicking my butt.

mythos

Funny ... I expected the swords to be pointed upwards crossed over her head. It is very beautiful nonetheless, but it is better to go with your own feelings about it. I know that I am sick of the sight of RWS clones ... yours moved on from that while keeping with the concept, so the difference is refreshing.

Do you go back though? I know that if I put a painting away because I am unhappy with it, it never gets finished. And maybe that is the thing. If you feel that it has to be put aside, it may be saying that you need to reinterpret number and element in a new way, and forget RWS.

It so beautiful though. Maybe she can be the basis of something else.

mythos:)

.traveller.

Do I go back? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It really depends on the image. I have a portrait painting that is unfinished (the model was no longer available), and I have been brooding over it for months now. I KNOW I will go back to that one, but I haven't figured out my approach yet. I don't think I will rework this particular 2S drawing but I will revisit the card with a new drawing.
I've been meditating over the pips that I learned on and as a result, I have come up with imagery quite different from the RWS. The trick is to make sure I don't go too far into cartomancy and lose the Tarot. All of this angst over minors/pips, I should have started with the Trumps instead.

Thank you, I do like her but she just isn't the 2 of swords.