8 of wands as sexual attraction?

Sophie

Tango said:
That Eight of Wands energy may become the Emperor or the King of Coins, but it might just as easily burn away to ash and float away leaving nothing but a charred wasteland.
Or a green and pleasant land, and the memory of a wonderful fireworks :). Not all short-lived affairs end in tears. Some leave happy, grinning memories ;)

On its own, I wouldn't see it as Berrieh does, as a card of deep love: but it can contribute to love, adding the passion and the energy to it, and the communication - so with other love cards, it's a good sign. Otherwise - well, enjoy the fireworks!

berrieh

On its own, I wouldn't see it as Berrieh does, as a card of deep love:

I don't see it as a card of 'deep love' necessarily. Just a card of deep, natural, instant communication on a soul level, which carries with it great potential and connotations for love. ;) Deep passion perhaps. It can be fleeting (and if it is I'm inclined to see it as you write above---short but lovely), but I see no reason to assume it is. It's not one of the cards I'd put a natural time-clock on.

I think we often believe that which comes quickly will leave the same way, but in looking around me, I find that to be a common fallacy.

Teheuti

For me, the 8 of Wands is about an adrenaline rush. It's a major part of that "falling in love" sensation, but is also present in the last stages of rushing toward a goal, and in adventure travel (it can also represent flight), and in the heady rush and excitement of intense philosophical studies. If you've ever been addicted to an adrenaline high in a relationship or other risk-taking activities then you know the feeling. It usually doesn't last long because most of us can't take that level of adrenaline in the system without a break, but when you are addicted to it (and there is a perfect stimulus around) it's amazing how much time you can spend in that state. (BTW, other hormones might be involved, but adrenaline is the most characteristic and recognizable.) The sense is that of being carried away by something that focuses all your attention so that everything is aligned. It's usually there when someone is "in the zone."

Mary

satine

starrystarrynight said:
I said A rock, not The Rock! :D

Yes, if the 8 of wands ends with "Dwayne- The Rock- Johnson," then I am a very happy woman right now, awaiting a knock at the door, hehe. ;)

Vadella

I think I see clothes being ripped off... a possible bite on the lip and some whips and chains. ;) j/k 8 of wands is intense passion that ends as fast as it started. No foreplay.

Teheuti

satine said:
Yes, if the 8 of wands ends with "Dwayne- The Rock- Johnson," then I am a very happy woman right now, awaiting a knock at the door, hehe. ;)
Sounds like the adrenaline is already kicking in.

helenag

could someone please elaborate on the 8 wands (present) and Emperor (outcome/future)scenario - I had this in a reading yesterday. . . thank you.

balenciaga

helenag said:
could someone please elaborate on the 8 wands (present) and Emperor (outcome/future)scenario - I had this in a reading yesterday. . . thank you.

You might want to post your reading in Your Readings for a specific answer - this forum is for general card discussion.:)

helenag

i thought it was appropriate as this is a general thread about the 8 of wands!? also touched on in this thread is the meaning of 8 wands with Emperor card. . . whether or not it is specific to A reading does not matter.
. . this is the general discussion right here! :)

ALST123

Tango said:
It need not burn out. A fiery volcano creates a lot of rock solid earth once the heat has faded away.

I totally agree with you. Look to the other cards to see.

What about 8 Wands + Star in a question about whether someone will make a move on you?

Could that be sexual attraction, coming forward, communicating your attraction, followed by a "yes your wish will come true"?

Thanks,
Ax.