cosmic tarot- 3 cups

LittleWing

what do you make of this card???????

i love this card. there is a small boat in the background. i think this couple have come to this place, they are performing some kind of tantric ritual / dance - they are overflowing with creativity.

i do not think that these 2 people are in love. they seem at ease - but their attention is directed inward - expressing 'themselves' through their actions.

creativity is flowing. this is a graceful card - motivated rather than still. inspirational.

paradoxx

I find the theme of the card as energy direced to induce relaxation. There is an abundance of life in this card, and is easily interpreted by the spread positions.

However, like most of this deck, there is a tone of something that is yet to become known. A continuing flow that shows what the true meaning is when it is supposed to become known.

On another level, this card could symbolize the unity of Male and Female Enerigies and the association with the everpresent trinity. Like the two of swords, the boat symbolizes the ability to float on top the surface of the emotional oceans. The jungle background gives a feeling of freedom, yet a boarder that cannot be broken down.

divinerguy

While interacting with each other, they appear to be totally self-absorbed.

One cup for each, and a cup for togetherness.

Bliss, sexual or artistic - doesn't make a difference, because all art is passion.

Arania

They came with the boat to be alone, but aren't ready for "action" yet - maybe they aren't sure about their emotions and this is THE date to find out and finally make it happen.

star-lover

i see an independence of each of the figures in this but they are joined at the hip as a unit

a lovely card for love and friendship - even more so than the 2 of cups

more commitment here and a laissez faire kind of thing - ease in a relationship and confidence and trust in it - its like their togetherness is leading them towards a higher ground?

Confucious

Is it a picture of 2 women, or a man with long hair and a woman?

If it's the first description, I see it as abundant feelings flowing between the two women and they can be related. I look at them being intertwined as a "support" for one another--maybe they are all that they have, hence the empty boat in the background. They've arrived to an emotional place together full of trust and love. My interpretation of the boat can stand for a man and woman also; their intertwine means support also, but with the woman leaning on the man more. Is she the weaker one and he the "protector"?

They're alone on their island of love and are very content.

Myrrha

The man and woman in this card know each other very well. When they dance it is as if they read each others minds. He knows just where her arms will be an she knows just when he will move. They even look alike, like brother and sister.

So it is a card about cooperation, extremely good communication and fellow-feeling. This allows people to work together creatively. They understand each other and bring out the best in each other. They could be working on a relationship, a work matter, a creative project, anything.

This level of cooperative creativity leads to abundance, as shown by the waterfall in the background and the three cups spilling over. The Golden Dawn/Thoth title for this card is Abundance.

The astrological basis for the card is Mercury in Cancer. Mercury is about understanding things, the mind, and about communicating. Cancer is the sign of feelings and sensitivity. So this is why these two people seem to almost read each others minds. Mercury in Cancer cares about what other people are feeling and thinking and is sensitive enough to pick up on it. Because of this level of sensitivity and communication people feel supported (see how the dancers seem to be supporting each other). People listen to each other. Creativity and abundance ensue.

--Myrrha

Fostha

Myrrha said:
The man and woman in this card know each other very well. When they dance it is as if they read each others minds. He knows just where her arms will be an she knows just when he will move. They even look alike, like brother and sister.

So it is a card about cooperation, extremely good communication and fellow-feeling. This allows people to work together creatively. They understand each other and bring out the best in each other. They could be working on a relationship, a work matter, a creative project, anything.

This level of cooperative creativity leads to abundance, as shown by the waterfall in the background and the three cups spilling over. The Golden Dawn/Thoth title for this card is Abundance.

The astrological basis for the card is Mercury in Cancer. Mercury is about understanding things, the mind, and about communicating. Cancer is the sign of feelings and sensitivity. So this is why these two people seem to almost read each others minds. Mercury in Cancer cares about what other people are feeling and thinking and is sensitive enough to pick up on it. Because of this level of sensitivity and communication people feel supported (see how the dancers seem to be supporting each other). People listen to each other. Creativity and abundance ensue.

--Myrrha
That sounds lovely.Thats exactly how i see it too,they can support one another emotionally,effortlessly,intuitively.

sapienza

I like the idea that this card gives of needing to work with the flow of energy, rather than against it, in order to achieve abundance. The minds (mercury) and hearts (cancer) of the dancers are in unison and so beauty is the result. When we struggle against another person, or situation, then we don't achieve that sense of harmony and abundance. For me it's a reminder to work with the energies around us rather than struggling against the flow of life.