Do you use 1JJ Swiss Tarot?

Cynthia_H

I recently had a good reading with the minors of this deck, seeing the changing sizes of the coins as a map of fortune's rise and fall, as it were.
Interesting, never thought of that. Did you as well take into consideration the numerical associations ? Cheers, Cynthia

Charlie Brown

I did for the first one and then for the Ace. After that, it was all odd-numbered cards and I very clearly saw the coin of the ace as the center coin in each of those cards: being pressed in upon in the seven (finances being literally tight) and then, with the five, pushing back, holding those pressures at bay.

arcange

Are there any native French speakers here?

There is an oddity with the 1JJ that puzzles me.

In the court cards the Chevaliers are always "des x"' for example "CHEVALIER DES BATONS".

Most other court cards are singular. An exception is la "REINE DES COUPES", and all the SWORDS suit.

I do not think this is of any earth-shattering importance. In fact it is probably linguistic rather than tarotic, but it has been puzzling me and I thought I'd ask.

Des is the grammatical artlcle "the." Des is plural because batons is plural. The s on the end of batons makes it plural. Same for coupes, épées If there was only one baton card it would be de.

Thoughtful

I recently had a good reading with the minors of this deck, seeing the changing sizes of the coins as a map of fortune's rise and fall, as it were.

Not used my 1jj for a while but after your interesting observations l will have to bring it out again. Had many a good reading with it. Its what l call my comfy deck, its an old friend and l would not part with it ever.