The Game of Saturn/The Sola-Busca Tarot

Patrick Booker

'The Game of Saturn' is now available for pre-order. The cheapest edition is £66 plus postage. Looks interesting, but I need to think about that.

Patrick

starlightexp

'The Game of Saturn' is now available for pre-order. The cheapest edition is £66 plus postage. Looks interesting, but I need to think about that.

Patrick

Yea me likewise at that cost. I've been burned too many times in the past by tarot books to know to wait till I can either preview it or ask someone who has read it what they thought.

Patrick Booker

Yea me likewise at that cost. I've been burned too many times in the past by tarot books to know to wait till I can either preview it or ask someone who has read it what they thought.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it, on the grounds that I am unlikely to ever get it any cheaper and that it is a limited edition, even the standard version. I have worked with the deck meditatively, and this seems to be a different perspective to Sofia Di Vicenzo's book. I will post my impressions when I get it.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

The author of 'The Game of Saturn' has provided some interesting material here, presumably to be expanded upon in the book:

http://www.petermarkadams.com/sola-busca-tarot/

He identifies the deck's creator as Nicola di Maestro Antonio.

Patrick

DeToX

10/10 for enthusiasm, Patrick! :-D

I'm not sure I like the sound of poems for the Majors only c/f Stewart Warren's book, even if it does reproduce the Il Meneghello versions of the card images (in colour I presume?)

I was thinking about ordering the book but it ended up lower down in my wish list. If it had been available in paperback I definitely would have. I will look forward to your comments when it arrives.

I wonder how much that deck will cost. If it is priced too high it will surely be outdone by the existing facsimiles out there...and what with LoS's reissue of their reproduction, they might find their place in the market squeezed...but without any details no point speculating I guess.

KhonsuMes

Looking forward to receiving the book in March. It is definitely worth the wait if the images will be new and better ones.

And it makes the deck a more attractive proposition as well (at least for me). The sumptuousness of the art in this deck makes higher res images worth it. Hopefully, they'll do a commensurate job on the card stock, finish, etc...

ETA: Thank you Patrick for the links to the update! I just subscribed to the Scarlet Imprint Journal so I'll get the notices about the deck's progress.

Patrick Booker

I am subscribed to the Scarlet Imprint Journal too. I am just rereading Sofia Di Vicenzo's 'Sola Busca Tarot', the only other full length book in English that I am aware of. I have a copy of the Meyer limited edition which a lovely deck, so I wonder how the Scarlet Imprint deck will compare.

Patrick