The Game of Saturn/The Sola-Busca Tarot

garmonbozia

Do you have any more recent information?

I do not. Berti's mention of it on Facebook is within the past week. Thanks for posting the information you did. Hopefully, it is just a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Patrick Booker

I have just looked in my copy of the book - there is a mention of copyright permission for the Tarot images from the Pinacoteca di Brera of Milan (pg. 301).

Patrick

garmonbozia

I bit the bullet and ordered this last night. It took me a few days to convince myself it was worth spending that much money. I mistakenly thought the price was in euros and not in GBP, so it was another shock when Paypal showed me the price in USD. I still managed to talk myself into buying it, so I hope it is well written!

Patrick Booker

I bit the bullet and ordered this last night. It took me a few days to convince myself it was worth spending that much money. I mistakenly thought the price was in euros and not in GBP, so it was another shock when Paypal showed me the price in USD. I still managed to talk myself into buying it, so I hope it is well written!

I can only give a personal opinion, but I think it is well written. Some of Adams' conclusions are a bit disturbing as he sees it is a manual of rather dark talismanic magic. He does offer some sort of explanation as to why some of the images are so violent. I had previously read Sofia Di Vicenzo's book, which sees it more in general terms of alchemical symbolism. I hope you like it.

Patrick

Samweiss

This book really interests me, but at that price I won't be getting it anytime soon. It's a bit baffling why Scarlet Imprint won't produce a paperback edition of this book.

The author was also interviewed in recent Gordon White's podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7U0qIih6c

Patrick Booker

This book really interests me, but at that price I won't be getting it anytime soon. It's a bit baffling why Scarlet Imprint won't produce a paperback edition of this book.

The author was also interviewed in recent Gordon White's podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7U0qIih6c

Thanks for this reference - I have just listened to the talk. The personal anecdotes are fascinating and add to an appreciation of the book. The images are not to be taken lightly, as this talk emphasises.

The price will discourage potential readers, and there is no suggestion that a cheaper edition is planned. I also enjoyed Gordon White's book published by Scarlet Imprint, dealing with similar magical currents, although I am not a magician:

http://scarletimprint.com/books/star-ships/

Patrick

petermarkadams

The Game of Saturn Author

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add by twopence worth. I have placed some Sola-Busca essays that preceded the publication of The Game of Saturn on my academia.edu site :

The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: An Encoded Saturnian Theme
The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: The Alchemical Symbolism of a Renaissance Masterwork

And on Scribd :

The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: Astral Imagery Encoded in Trump XIII Catone

I hope these will prove to be of interest.

Peter Mark Adams

Patrick Booker

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add by twopence worth. I have placed some Sola-Busca essays that preceded the publication of The Game of Saturn on my academia.edu site :

The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: An Encoded Saturnian Theme
The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: The Alchemical Symbolism of a Renaissance Masterwork

And on Scribd :

The Sola-Busca Tarocchi: Astral Imagery Encoded in Trump XIII Catone

I hope these will prove to be of interest.

Peter Mark Adams

I have a question, Peter. In view of the rather dark aspect of this deck and its origin in a magical system that has been abused, do you see a use of it that does not involve the way it was designed to be used. The obvious answer is that there are plenty of decks that do not touch raw power and would be more suitable for most people's needs.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

To amplify my own reflections, before reading the book I found that in meditative work with the images, they tend to crop up in dreams and associations pretty much as other decks (at least for me).

Patrick

Abrac

The preview material is quite interesting and Peter could be on to something. Hopefully this will eventually be issued as a mass market book; it seems important enough to deserve a wider audience.