Lo Scarabeo Historic Reissues

Le Fanu

I have just seen on facebook that Lo Scarabeo are preparing a new, historic deck line for 2017, reprinting antique decks. The series will be called Anima Antiqua and the first deck will be the Sola Busca. I can't wait to see what else they are going to do. It's great news for all tarot enthusiasts to have accessibly priced (I assume) antique decks. They don't look like they have multilingual titles. The scans on facebook look beautiful. All cleaned up but still authentic looking.

Really can't wait to find out more about these!

baconwaffles

Oh thank you for sharing this. I am going to check out their Facebook and the scans.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

starlightexp

Looking at the pictures on FB it looks to me as if they are redrawn as opposed to be from the original art. Interesting to see how the line will progress though.

SarahJoy

They'll be on my must-have list

Desecrated

Yeah, re-drawn reprints. Looks like somebody has done it with a crayon.

I hate when they do that.

starlightexp

Yeah, re-drawn reprints. Looks like somebody has done it with a crayon.

I hate when they do that.

I think it looks fine but to me it always feels a little 'shady'. I feel that they didn't want to pay for the original and they own a full copyright on the art they make. Just leaves a weird feeling in me when I look at it.

gregory

They do actually have a collection of old decks.... I don't know which exactly. At the time I was there, I was only interested in their crackleback !

starlightexp

They do actually have a collection of old decks.... I don't know which exactly. At the time I was there, I was only interested in their crackleback !

I don't doubt that but I do doubt that the SB is among them.

Abrac

If I'm on the right page, https://www.facebook.com/LoScarabeoTarot, with the exception of the borders, those pictures look the same as the two previous versions of the SB that LS has published. They've done a lot of historical decks in the past, my guess is they're putting out yet more versions of ones they've done already, with slight modifications. This seems to be a pattern with them.