Lo Scarabeo Historic Reissues

Le Fanu

To be honest, I'm actually more interested in what comes next. I don't really mind how the Sola Busca turns out or if it is redrawn as I have a the lovely Giordano Berti one, but I'm curious as to what else will form part of this Anima Antiqua series. The Sola Busca isn't one that I've really fathomed or read with.

Of course, I love antique decks but some decks are just too remote. This and the Mantegna are both a bit too remote for me and I have other SB reproductions + the Sofia Vincenzi (?) book for explanations. But I want to see what comes next!

I think the Ancient Tarot of Marseilles deserves another shot or at least maybe a less flourescent version of the Conver. And the Piedmont-Liguria one without the borders...

Abrac

That florescent Conver that Philippe linked to at Albideuter usually goes for a pretty steep price on the second-hand market, so if LS reprints it that should make a lot of collectors happy, that is if it turns out halfway decent. :)

Spectre Made Flesh

To add to the wishlist of decks for the Anima Antiqua series, it'd be nice to see them re-do the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy, the Ancient Tarot of Bologna and the Minchiate, as those decks seem to be out of print. Perhaps cleaned up a tiny bit in the case of the Bologna, but generally kept as faithful to the originals as possible.

Rhinemaiden

I have the LoS 1995 Sola Busca... cards look the same to me as the samples of the new reprint on the FB page.

Philippe

The new Conver is still fluorescent

Conver2016 by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

and, as it has been said previously, the Sola Busca looks the same as the older one , apart from the black borders

SBLS by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

Abrac

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following you Philippe. The Conver scan you posted, is it from a new deck that has just been released?

Philippe

Yes, I found it recently and it is marked © 2015

Abrac

Who published it?

Philippe

Lo Scarabeo... that's what we are talking about here

LSC by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr