Lo Scarabeo Historic Reissues

Abrac

That's what I thought you meant Philippe, but wasn't sure.

Laura Borealis

Here's hoping this Sola Busca will come with a LWB that explains the named figures on the trumps and courts. :thumbsup:

Le Fanu

Yes, I found it recently and it is marked © 2015
But the Anima Antiqua series starts in 2017. That's what I understood from their post on facebook. The Sola Busca will be launched in 2017 as the first of the Anima Antiqua series.

Just to add an extra "by the way" - the colouring of the Ancient Tarot of Marseilles Conver is not deliberately flourescent - it's a reproduction of a late 19th Century Conver rather than a late 18th Century one, hence the unfamiliar colouring. Which is gorgeous by the way. I have five copies (or maybe six; need to check) of the LoS Ancient Tarot of Marseilles. It really is one of my favourites.

I wonder if these decks will be standard LoS size or some other format?

Philippe

Just to add an extra "by the way" - the colouring of the Ancient Tarot of Marseilles Conver is not deliberately flourescent - it's a reproduction of a late 19th Century Conver rather than a late 18th Century one, hence the unfamiliar colouring.

Yes fluorescent in a way of speaking because, if you compare it to the Héron BN which is from the first third of the XIXth century, you can easily notice that the colour scheme is in compliance with the original notwithstanding some details here and there. And stenciled colours are often eminently vivid.
(pinkified faces have been added by Héron)

I had forgotten to post the new back replacing the brown one.

conv comparaison & dos by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

DeToX

Great news! :-D I must admit I'm not a huge fan of their Sola Busca deck, it's quite good IMO, but it will be good to have a Sola Busca repro at a reasonable price point that one can rough up a bit.

ihcoyc

Yes fluorescent in a way of speaking because, if you compare it to the Héron BN which is from the first third of the XIXth century, you can easily notice that the colour scheme is in compliance with the original notwithstanding some details here and there. And stenciled colours are often eminently vivid.
(pinkified faces have been added by Héron)

If anything, the Héron seems to me to be louder than the Ancient Tarot. That back design is a bit much, and may be distracting.

Abrac

LS seem to be throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks, just my opinion.

Michellehihi

LS seem to be throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks, just my opinion.

Ha! I went to see their catalog....you may be right.

Arnie

The Sola Busca in the 2017 LS catalog looks like it won't have the black borders. Very promising.