Lo Scarabeo Historic Reissues

Nemia

I'd love to see affordable editions of historical decks from different regions - Czech, Russian, Belgian, Turkey.... not only France and Italy.

DeToX

LS seem to be throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks, just my opinion.

I wouldn't say that, seems like their marketing department has taken a few logical steps in terms of product offerings to capitalise on the commercial opportunities in the tarot sector.

starlightexp

I'd love to see affordable editions of historical decks from different regions - Czech, Russian, Belgian, Turkey.... not only France and Italy.

That would be awesome

KhonsuMes

I have been trying to find these two decks - the new Heron BN and the copyrighted 2015 version of the LoS - and have been unsuccessful. Are these two in print or available someplace? (On Alidastore the Heron looks to be the one with brownish coloring, not the one with the bright yellows and hexagonal rosette backs. And the LoS seems missing too. Similar results on Tarotgarden and Collectarot). Apologies in advance if I am just being clueless on how to find these...

Yes fluorescent in a way of speaking because, if you compare it to the Héron BN which is from the first third of the XIXth century, you can easily notice that the colour scheme is in compliance with the original notwithstanding some details here and there. And stenciled colours are often eminently vivid.
(pinkified faces have been added by Héron)

I had forgotten to post the new back replacing the brown one.

conv comparaison & dos by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

Philippe

I have not made myself sufficiently clear.

The back with the octagons belongs to the new LoScarabeo. The deck is easily available from italian sellers.

The Héron's smaller card I've posted is taken from the first edition (in the seventies), the only one to be rightly coloured, but out of print for decades.

KhonsuMes

Thank you, Phillipe:

So the Heron is likely not going to turn up any time soon....

I still can't figure out how to find the new LoS deck, though. Alidastore doesn't seem to have it, nor LoScarabeo's store, and I really don't know how to do a search that doesn't turn up lots of irrelevant decks. Many are slightly different versions with more brownish colors..
(I did find a new sealed copy of the 'old' version on eBay for ~$300 US. Whew!)

Does someone have an ISBN or specific store in Italy that has the new version (with the title card showing copyright date as 2015)?

The back with the octagons belongs to the new LoScarabeo. The deck is easily available from italian sellers.

The Héron's smaller card I've posted is taken from the first edition (in the seventies), the only one to be rightly coloured, but out of print for decades.

Philippe

KhonsuMes you have a PM :)

KhonsuMes

Thank you, Phillipe!
Mystery solved and mission accomplished...

Matt

Belinda2

Oh thank you for sharing this. I am going to check out their Facebook and the scans. Yes I second that I would really like the deck but all the decks of it out there are very pricey 79.00 and up.

Yves Le Marseillais

RESTITUTION OF CONVER TO COMES UP IN 2017 AT LEAST

Hello Philippe and all,

It's nice to see that seventies version you have reflect clearly our present work to achieve to publish a really good version of Conver tarot restitued.
Faces will NOT be pinky coloured of course and back of cards will be the original one and not a 2017 version.
Some colours will be added on some specific areas that are prooved after our researches.
It will improove quality of this famous deck that deserve it.

I intend to publish it by end May or June 2017.

Best wishes 2017 to you and all forumers.

Yves