Budapest Tarot

Denever

I just ordered it, after some hemming and hawing about the price. I love Robert Place's decks, but there's no way I could justify that price to myself. And now I feel like the Budapest tarot is a great deal!

mrpants

Even without Place's hand colored deck at such a prohibitive cost, the Budapest is an excellent value, as you will see. It's more expensive than a mass market deck, but it's very limited and there are lots of hand crafted elements that make it worth the price (still under $100US after shipping!)

Denever

The more I look at the photos, the more excited I am. Thank you, mrpants, for posting about this. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

mrpants

I expect we will see more from him in the near future!

Patrick Booker

I have placed my order, but not yet confirmed payment. Hopefully I will get an email soon. Delivery from mainland Europe to the UK is usually fairly quick. The images I have seen look great and I too am looking forward to it arriving - thanks mrpants.

Patrick

mrpants

You're welcome Patrick! Glad to see enthusiasm for this project.

Le Fanu

Ordered mine! Looks beautiful!

josefskye

got mine today....

These 2 arrived in the mail today....

Attachments

• madenieandBudapest.jpg
    madenieandBudapest.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 727
  • tarotwheel5.jpg
    tarotwheel5.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 727

Le Fanu

Mine is on it's way. Love the look of this one. So expressive.

DeToX

This Budapest deck looks extremely interesting! This deck is so full of character. I am in general luke warm to mildly interested in reproductions in general but the colours look authentic and the card stock gives it a vintage feel.

Place's decks in general are technically very competent and well executed, and I can see why they are very popular. However, for me they come over too feminine in some way. I don't know why, maybe it's the colour choices, the thick lines and so on. I can't quite put my finger on it.