Budapest Tarot

gregory

Oh I DO ! Do you have the Rosenwald too, though ? Is its wrapper numbered ?

garmonbozia

My Budapest and Rosenwald are in the mail.....I'll have to check for numbers when they arrive.

gregory

My Budapest and Rosenwald are in the mail.....I'll have to check for numbers when they arrive.
ETA never mind that - I found the number on the Rosenwald - the fold is so small I missed it :D

Le Fanu

Well that's quite a record - one week on and my boyfriend leaves the door of my Reading Room open, dog wanders in and chews up the Budapest Tarot. Oh well - it can testify that it was a very nicely done deck...

Terrapin

Well that's quite a record - one week on and my boyfriend leaves the door of my Reading Room open, dog wanders in and chews up the Budapest Tarot. Oh well - it can testify that it was a very nicely done deck...

How awful. Haven't you mentioned the dog chewing other tarots? Sorry to hear.

I've been contemplating this deck purchase. Pretty expensive here to the States. Plus the pressure of knowing it's limited. Really like the vibe of it. Mysterious and wild looking.

gregory

I always knew I hated dogs. This confirms it :(

Le Fanu

It infuriates me - I am always careful to close the door - he's done it before - but only with special decks. No mainstream deck was ever chewed. Infuriated with my other half NOT the dog!

Wondering if I can request extra copies of the half dozen really damaged/pierced cards ... But the fault is mine. Can't expect deck creators to supply me for my mistakes...

stellar4

So the errant hound shares his master's exquisite taste in decks??

Seriously though, I'm sorry that you've had such a beautiful deck damaged. Could be worth throwing yourself on the mercy of it's maker and asking if there is any chance of replacement cards.

Years ago I had a naughty terrier that every once in a while would have a funny fit and chose a treasured book of mine to to turn into confetti; there were a number of occasions where I could have quite cheerfully wrung her little neck...

It says a lot for your self-restraint that partner and dog are still alive.

Le Fanu

It says a lot for your self-restraint that partner and dog are still alive.
i really do think that the joy of a beautiful dog outweighs decks. It's been an important lesson! I shall write to Sullivan...

gregory

i really do think that the joy of a beautiful dog outweighs decks. It's been an important lesson! I shall write to Sullivan...
Decks outweigh ALL dogs. I know this. Not that there is joy to be had in the nasty things :D

Now cats....