Budapest Tarot

KhonsuMes

Thank you for the updates!

Looking forward to the complete deck of the Rosenwald (in its Black and White version especially at the moment). I'll be looking out for your hand-made versions of both decks as well.

With those and a possible Vandenborre - Looks like you will be busy for a while.

BTW, I love the paper and feel of the Budapest and Rosenwald, including the way you have packaged them. They have a distinct character as objects, not just as a a collection of paper cards that must somehow be gathered for shipment and sale. They are like miniature folio sets of art prints. The little touches of hand-numbering and monograms on the wrappers and the band designs based on unique details from each deck are also special.

I really look forward to reading with the complete Rosenwald. Its imagery is forcefully simple and graphic while completely disarming at the same time, conjuring settings of wine in pottery goblets, the fragrances of beeswax candles, and old wood tables on stone floors...

mrpants

Not sure if anyone aside from Sullivan has tried this yet, but the deck pops pretty easily back inside the heavy paper wrapper. If you don't mind the wrapper getting soft from use (I don't), it should actually be great for transport, with a band of somesort around the long end. And re-wrapping the deck actually gives much the same satisfaction as unwrapping it; a gift that keeps giving :)

csmith0406

Not sure if anyone aside from Sullivan has tried this yet, but the deck pops pretty easily back inside the heavy paper wrapper. If you don't mind the wrapper getting soft from use (I don't), it should actually be great for transport, with a band of somesort around the long end. And re-wrapping the deck actually gives much the same satisfaction as unwrapping it; a gift that keeps giving :)

That's exactly how I'm carrying it! and you're right, it's just like unwrapping a gift all over again.

Tyldwick

Just posted an article on Sullivan's delightful Budapest Tarot, including some input from him on the coloring choices. Let me know what you think!

https://upayatarot.wordpress.com/2017/04/30/budapest-hismans/

Beautiful deck! I hope to add it to my collection soon. Thanks for the article, Yeshe. Especially appreciate the photos. I have been following the restoration on Instagram but hadn't found anywhere else to preview the entire completed deck.

rachelcat

I just got my copy of this little treasure, number 106 of 250. And I just have to gush! It is very charming, and yes, the wrapping and presentation is superb! (I tore my red band, but the printed band is still in one piece, I just can't get it back over the deck. Maybe it will make a wonderful bookmark . . .)

I love the colors, the size, the aces of wands and swords. The swords are curved but they look like swords! And the wands look like scepters, or maybe magic wands! This is a big thing for me. Marseille style swords and wands that are latticed together and that you can't tell what is sword and what is space, and which end is which just bug me too much . . .

I love the wonky faces and the female page of coins. Everything. This may be my new pips reading deck. (Except it feels too special to carry around, but I'm sure it's actually sturdy enough, especially if I find a nice close-hugging bag for it.)

Anyway, this deck deserves a great girlish gush, so here it is!

stclair

Received #110 this weekend, and I absolutely love it. There is so much wit and character in this deck, and Sullivan has done a beautiful job of restoration/revival while keeping the 'brut' flavour in there. The size and feel of the thick cards are perfect. Looking forward to putting this into rotation and study, if I could just quit playing with it!

firecatpickles

Okay, so I broke down and got one of each. Hopefully I'm good since it looks like he's mailing out the 100's out of 250! :)