Joseph H. Peterson's Noblet Reproduction

FLizarraga

I have found scattered references to this deck in the forums, some of them even in Trading, but there is no official mention of it in Aeclectic anywhere, or even threads dedicated to it as far as I can tell, so I decided to go ahead and create one.

I recently discovered its existence in a Flornoy Noblet thread, liked the scans, and decided to get it on a whim. I received it today, and I must say that (at least at first sight) I like it better than Flornoy's beautiful reconstruction.

Anyone else?

mrpants

I personally prefer the Flornoy, but I tend to go for cleaned up editions of these classic decks vs photo repros. However I love that he has included an option for a reconstructed Bateleur card! Since this is the first thread dedicated to the Peterson repro, I'd love to read your detailed thoughts on it, as you spent time with the images.

Cheers!

FLizarraga

I am currently working VERY long hours, so I haven't really been able to sit down and look through the cards other than in a cursory way.

In size it is very similar to the Flornoy, as I think both try to reproduce the size of the original deck. The cardstock is, IMHO, far superior. (Peterson himself posted here that he used 330gsm superior smooth cardstock.) I much prefer its sepias and terracottas to Flornoy's colors, yet the stark white background makes me miss the Flornoy's creamy ivory.

As soon as I can, I'll check the variations Peterson provides for the Bateleur and a few other cards.

Meanwhile, here's the thread that enabled me. There's a lot to chew on: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=257395

mrpants

Oh yeah! Some very good comparisons. I think I got a copy right around that time, not sure if it was before or after. Regardless of how I personally feel about the paper he used, it shuffles very nicely, which a bonus!

Philippe

As far as I remember, I was laudatory of the cardstock & the overall quality of the reproduction. I also find it superior to Flornoy's reconstructions (either the handmade or the other) whose colours seem somehow anachronistic.

Le Fanu

Is it still available on some site that can be linked? I'm curious...

Where did you get yours from?

TdMReader

If someone has a link to the Petersen Noblet deck (if it is still available) I would really appreciate it please. Thank you :)

Bluefeet

I prefer the Peterson card stock over Flornoy's, so luscious!

Philippe

Is it still available on some site that can be linked? I'm curious...

Where did you get yours from?

I bought it simply from Amazon marketplace where Mr Peterson sells it.