Joseph H. Peterson's Noblet Reproduction

FLizarraga

I also find it superior to Flornoy's reconstructions (either the handmade or the other) whose colours seem somehow anachronistic.

THIS. I always found Flornoy's coloring too much of a concession to modern times. I would think it is a deliberate concession, though.

FLizarraga

Oh, and FYI --I think there's a copy being sold in the Trading forum even as we speak.

Yeshe

Wonderful! The Noblet is hands-down my favorite deck. Thrilled to hear of this facsimile reproduction to join my beloved Flornoy restoration. I just ordered it.

Thanks so much for the tip--this is only my second day on Aeclectic, and my first post. Sounds like an auspicious start to me!

TdMReader

@gregory, FLizarraga and others- thank you :)

As I could not view the Trading Forum I take it you have to "upgrade" your account here?

garmonbozia

woah!

I had no idea this existed. I just ordered one.

I love the Noblet deck.

FLizarraga

Wonderful! The Noblet is hands-down my favorite deck. Thrilled to hear of this facsimile reproduction to join my beloved Flornoy restoration. I just ordered it.

Thanks so much for the tip--this is only my second day on Aeclectic, and my first post. Sounds like an auspicious start to me!

@gregory, FLizarraga and others- thank you :)

As I could not view the Trading Forum I take it you have to "upgrade" your account here?

Welcome, you both! :party:

Yes, TdMReader, access to the Trading forum is for subscribers only.

Redfaery

Ordered this from Amazon and it just arrived today, much sooner than estimated. There was even a little "thank you" scribbled on the receipt by Mr. Peterson. Very pleased with the deck itself too.

Bertrand

My first impression of this deck was a nice surprise but at second sight I tought :
-there are a few aproximative modifications of the drawings (IIRC Popess face and maybe Chariot) which are not advertised (a problem with a fac simile)
-the detouring is sometimes quite awkward
-colors and contrasts are not well balanced
-some cards look as if they were printed with RGB files instead of CMYK

this is nevertheless the best fac simile of the Noblet as it is the only one available, but it's not an excellent job, I would have loved a correct colour balance, only the missing cards redrawn (which are good enough, they were the source of my initial satisfaction), and no messing around with any other cards except for the stamp removal.

Krystal Mystic

I own this deck, and I like it. It is nice for readings. I like that Peterson chose a TdM I deck, and I thought he did a good job of replacing the missing pip cards. The card stock is nice and sturdy.

However, this is a tweaked facsimilie, which makes it less than satisfactory for use in historical study. Peterson re-drew some missing details and cleaned up the colors where stenciling went outside the lines. In other words, he removed some of the deck's imperfections which were also a part of its history. Peterson markets the deck as a restoration, but I think he needed to do more about restoring the colors in order to call it that.