Dusserre Dodal Copy?

DejaVoo

Greetings to all!

I would love to get my hands on a Duserre Dodal copy. Are there any sources out there in obtaining a copy?

I'd appreciate any generous advice and help.

Thank you!

Le Fanu

Only the Trading forum to be honest. Maybe eBay, but in all the years I've been checking eBay I don't think I've ever seen one come up, though I'm sure they must have. Someone here found one in a flea market in Uruguai but - really - it's a tough one to find. I got mine in Trading here years ago.

DejaVoo

Only the Trading forum to be honest. Maybe eBay, but in all the years I've been checking eBay I don't think I've ever seen one come up, though I'm sure they must have. Someone here found one in a flea market in Uruguai but - really - it's a tough one to find. I got mine in Trading here years ago.

Thank you for your response. I should have been more clear in my request for further info. What I meant was is there any source out there to obtain a reproduction of the Dusserre Dodal deck.

My apologies.

Le Fanu

But the Dusserre Dodal is a reproduction.

Do you want a reproduction of the Dusserre reproduction? I hadn't heard of anyone doing a copy of that edition.

ETA; just seen the other thread. The Game of Hope edition. You know, crazily, I think I have this one and had forgotten I had it :bugeyed: I thought I had a Majors only one.

It looks like it is still available from that link in the other thread.

DejaVoo

Do you want a reproduction of the Dusserre reproduction? I hadn't heard of anyone doing a copy of that edition.

I appreciate your reply, thank you. Yes, I did mean a reproduction of the Dusserre. Are there any known reproductions for the Dodal currently available for sale?

Le Fanu

That's the only one I've seen. Like I say, it looks like it's still available.

DejaVoo

ETA; just seen the other thread. The Game of Hope edition. You know, crazily, I think I have this one and had forgotten I had it :bugeyed: I thought I had a Majors only one.

It looks like it is still available from that link in the other thread.

How does the deck you have move you? Is it exactly the same? Please let me know and if you can share images.

Thanks

Carojulie

Hello,

If it is a reproduction of the Dodal your are looking for, you can find some in this shop : http://letarot.com/jean-dodal/index.html
But it is not the Dusserre edition I am afraid.

The shop I gave you the link to, seems serious and I think a Dodal from them would be faithful. They claim they make their reproductions from the original deck that is kept in the Bibliothèque Nationale (BN), so they seem serious enough. They also have Viéville and Noblet. They offer either decks of 78 cards or 22 Trumps, and for the 22 Trumps they have several options : a cheaper option industrial print, a more luxurious option colored by hand, either cut into cards or uncut on large paper leaf (sorry if my english is not precise here, but you will see what I mean if you visit the store)
Their site also have lots of info and interesting stuff, and appreciate the fact that they relate some of the historics and legends about tarot while always being clear what is historically attested with factual elements, and what is not, and therefore only of the domain of whishfull thinking.

I have never ordered from them, so I cannot really vouch from them ; only that I am very much wishing to get a Dodal reproduction one day for myslef, and I will probably get it from them if and when that day arrives, because I have been eyeing this boutique for a long time now.

If someone has ordered from them, I would love to hear feedback.
Thank you !

Penthasilia

That's the only one I've seen. Like I say, it looks like it's still available.

Thanks for this greatly! I didn't realize there was another repro like the Dusserre and happily ordered one myself as this was one I had been wanting for a while!

DejaVoo

Hello,

If it is a reproduction of the Dodal your are looking for, you can find some in this shop : http://letarot.com/jean-dodal/index.html
But it is not the Dusserre edition I am afraid.

The shop I gave you the link to, seems serious and I think a Dodal from them would be faithful. They claim they make their reproductions from the original deck that is kept in the Bibliothèque Nationale (BN), so they seem serious enough. They also have Viéville and Noblet. They offer either decks of 78 cards or 22 Trumps, and for the 22 Trumps they have several options : a cheaper option industrial print, a more luxurious option colored by hand, either cut into cards or uncut on large paper leaf (sorry if my english is not precise here, but you will see what I mean if you visit the store)
Their site also have lots of info and interesting stuff, and appreciate the fact that they relate some of the historics and legends about tarot while always being clear what is historically attested with factual elements, and what is not, and therefore only of the domain of whishfull thinking.

I have never ordered from them, so I cannot really vouch from them ; only that I am very much wishing to get a Dodal reproduction one day for myslef, and I will probably get it from them if and when that day arrives, because I have been eyeing this boutique for a long time now.

If someone has ordered from them, I would love to hear feedback.
Thank you !

I'm not a fan of the artwork on the cards at that store for the decks you have mentioned. My preference is to get a deck that is more close to the crude original deck. I will try my luck with the Game of Hope website.

Thank you for your reply!