Dusserre Dodal Copy?

DejaVoo

Contrary to what one might think, the Dusserre Dodal is not so hard to find.

I saw it not often but several times on ebay and sold at a very reasonable price.

Anyway it's not the only tarot of this type to be worth the buying.

Papesses by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

From left to right :

1- Dusserre Dodal & its odd spelling (ignorant or deliberate ? one of the mysteries of this enigmatic deck)

2- Fournier Payen neat and clear

3- Often dissmissed as a fake but better than its reputation the tarot des Centuries. It is less clear to the eyes because of the pale colours and the red a bit too dominant but there is an overall feeling of alive-ness.

4- The Dodal restored by Flornoy, less my taste

I have been looking for a Dussere but, no luck for me. I'm not sure if the price that Game of Hope has for their copy is justifiable for the deck they are selling. I could get 2 other new decks of cards on my list for that price.

Tarot des Centuries...Nostradamus edition?

Flornoy restoration is a big no for me. I don't like the "cleanliness" of that deck. I do prefer the old and crude look that the original decks have.

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.

gregory

The Tarot des Centuries is very nice - I second Philippe on that one. But I did understand it was a Payen ?

Philippe

Yes also known as tarot de Nostradamus (but I think the backs of the cards are different) and it resembles the Payen except for the names of some trumps and the knight of swords.

Tag_jorrit

I rather like the expression on the Papesse on the tarot de Centuries.

DejaVoo

Yes, I am very interested in obtaining a deck of Tarot des Centuries...it's on my list!

KhonsuMes

Thanks LeFanu! Had not known of the Game of Hope Dodal. Scarfed up a copy just now.

Tag_jorrit

Thanks LeFanu! Had not known of the Game of Hope Dussere Dodal. Scarfed up a copy just now.

The copy you are getting is not a Dussere but from scans of another copy of the original Dodal. Same woodcut but different coloring job.

DejaVoo

The copy you are getting is not a Dussere but from scans of another copy of the original Dodal. Same woodcut but different coloring job.

I'm looking for an exact Dusserre copy repro.