New TdM Forum Suggestion?

FLizarraga

Hello all,

I think that a Tarot of Marseille pattern forum multiligual is a need now.

Next step after ATF who is/was only in English.

But are Anglo Saxon ready for TdM pattern ?
This is the big question.

I estimate that only 10 % of them and probably less are ready to follow this type of tarot: A question of culture, education, ambiance and so on....
Same for French on the opposite ha ha !!

But 10 % of a big amount of English speakers forumers is a lot of people no ?

No doubt that a multilingual forum is the correct answer.

For sure it will happen sooner or later.

I hope to see it asap.....

From Marseille City
Capitale of tarots,

Yves Reynaud

You raise an interesting point, Yves.

However, you should remember that a lot of members here, me and you included, are not a part of the Anglo-Saxon world at all, but just using English to communicate, as a sort of lingua franca. One of the great things about this forums is precisely the way all cultures and all Tarot traditions coexist, mingle and learn from each other, and ultimately unite.

I would welcome subsections for specific languages, though -- French, Spanish, Hindi, Tagalog, Rumanian, German, and so forth.

Yves Le Marseillais

How to build a real "Babel tarot forum"

You raise an interesting point, Yves.

However, you should remember that a lot of members here, me and you included, are not a part of the Anglo-Saxon world at all, but just using English to communicate, as a sort of lingua franca. One of the great things about this forums is precisely the way all cultures and all Tarot traditions coexist, mingle and learn from each other, and ultimately unite.

I would welcome subsections for specific languages, though -- French, Spanish, Hindi, Tagalog, Rumanian, German, and so forth.

Hello and Bonjour,

Subsections for specific languages on a tarot forum would be like builing bounders again in a sort of €urope or USA (United States of America) model.

Of course it's easier to build rather than immediate translation system on every thread.

Imagine:
You read an english thread, decide to see it in your language.
Just click and choose proposed languages i.e French ;)
It appears in French.
You decide to answer in French.
It is translated in English.

Everybody is able to see it translated in proposed languages.

I suppose cost is consequent but with about 3800 subscribers ATF is a good indication of financial possibilitys and possible involved forumers.

At this stage of explosion of ATF forumers in various alternative forums, I dream (in our capitalism world...) of a correct forum to birth in coming months.

I will suport of course such a project.

For the moment I am just registering in many forums as many of us and wait and see.

Three days before 14th July doom.....

Waiting for my new tarots to be published: End July ;))

From Marseille City Capitale of tarots

Yves

le pendu

forum.tarothistory.com

Dear friends,

I've updated the system software for forum.tarothistory.com as some were having problems with registration, hopefully it's now easy to create an account.

We have almost a decade of tarot history posts to look through and all would be most welcome to join.

I hope to see you there,

Robert

Astraea

Robert! I'm so glad to see you! Your forum is wonderful, I've been a mostly non-posting member there for years (not enough historical expertise to chime in), and it's delightful - as anyplace associated with you would be. :)

le pendu

Dear Astraea,

Isn't it nice to catch up with old friends!? I've spoken to more friends this past week than I think I have in years. Everyone is really reeling from the news.

I hope you'll keep in touch after the shutdown!

many blessings to you,
Robert

Astraea

Indeed I shall, Robert! And many blessings to (((you))), as well.

Charlie Brown

Hello and Bonjour,

Subsections for specific languages on a tarot forum would be like builing bounders again in a sort of €urope or USA (United States of America) model.

Of course it's easier to build rather than immediate translation system on every thread.

Imagine:
You read an english thread, decide to see it in your language.
Just click and choose proposed languages i.e French ;)
It appears in French.
You decide to answer in French.
It is translated in English.

Everybody is able to see it translated in proposed languages.

I suppose cost is consequent but with about 3800 subscribers ATF is a good indication of financial possibilitys and possible involved forumers.

At this stage of explosion of ATF forumers in various alternative forums, I dream (in our capitalism world...) of a correct forum to birth in coming months.

I will suport of course such a project.

For the moment I am just registering in many forums as many of us and wait and see.

Three days before 14th July doom.....

Waiting for my new tarots to be published: End July ;))

From Marseille City Capitale of tarots

Yves

Google is getting close to this level of functionality. It may already be here as I can get instant translations of foreign wikipedia pages. The quality is obviously not perfect, but not bad.

The Happy Squirrel

Tarot History Forum? I can see that they have fixed things and we can register now.

mrpants

Dear friends,

I've updated the system software for forum.tarothistory.com as some were having problems with registration, hopefully it's now easy to create an account.

We have almost a decade of tarot history posts to look through and all would be most welcome to join.

I hope to see you there,

Robert

I noticed this, and thank you very much.

Madrigal

Dear Astraea,

Isn't it nice to catch up with old friends!? I've spoken to more friends this past week than I think I have in years. Everyone is really reeling from the news.

I hope you'll keep in touch after the shutdown!

many blessings to you,
Robert

Glad to know of this, thanks. Will be popping over soon. :)