Cosmic Tarot 2 of cups

paradoxx

A man and woman, in middle age, are enjoing a moment of romance. Before them is the two cups, which a shining radiance beams from each cup individualy and joins together into one more. surrounding the couple are roses and lotus flowers, and Jupiter in all its gas giant splendor graces the sky to show astrological attribution.

A card of long-lasting relations, romances, understandings, and the positive energy of Jupiter. Keeping fiath with ones self, and keeping the energy alive for others as well.

star-lover

This card reminds me of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall (or am I thinking of Casablanca instead?)

the perfect match? made in heaven? made for each other!

This is one of the most feel good cards in the deck (well most decks I would think)

I don't know why Jupiter is there - perhaps because in astrology one of the meanings is blessings/rewards and love is a blessing and a reward - your time to dance let's say

Jupiter is also *BIG* - big love? the one? anyhow, a very significant relationship

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/cups/twoofcups.html

Arania

I don't know about "perfect match" - seems like their love is rather blind and only lasts for the endless moment. They are both dressed up and do not convey the impression they know each other in their "normal state." In a reading I'd probably interpret it as a one night stand or short term partnership.

star-lover

Arania said:
I don't know about "perfect match" - seems like their love is rather blind and only lasts for the endless moment. They are both dressed up and do not convey the impression they know each other in their "normal state." In a reading I'd probably interpret it as a one night stand or short term partnership.

Oh My God I dont believe what you wrote - no way -! that couple love each other - they know each other very very well - this is not a one night stand card - ok they may look as if they are imagining stuff and hoping for more but what is there is rock solid and mutual

youre so wrong lol

anyone?

Arania

lol

Love can be fleeting. :eek:) Could also be a true love that has to stay hidden from the world.

In a reading, cards change their meaning anyway.

Arania

I just went and found my accompanying book - never paid it attention until now. The book says the card rather refers to blind love, but it's meant as a true love nonetheless.

tink27

star-lover said:
Oh My God I dont believe what you wrote - no way -! that couple love each other - they know each other very very well - this is not a one night stand card - ok they may look as if they are imagining stuff and hoping for more but what is there is rock solid and mutual

youre so wrong lol

anyone?

When I 'feel' this card, my emotions are in a whirlwind of swirling desires. I've been swept off my feet by the 'mutual exchange' of another. Holding, touching, kissing, bonding.....two hearts spin out to be with one another! Ah the ecstasy of two hearts beating in unison and merging together.

I agree star-lover! Rock solid to me means feeling secure within a relationship where I can safely and securely come out of myself to be in the arms of another.

tink :love:

Myrrha

The card shows a couple in a dramatic movie-style kiss. They are surrounded by strange, intense looking flowers. They are large blossoms, the ones in the front of the card are exagerated mullti-petaled flowers like zinnias. It is almost disorienting to look at them, like op-art. It could be a comment on the intensity of feeling that the kissing couple is experiencing.

The cups are sweating, there is definitely alot of passion depicted in the card.

Each cup has individual light coming out of it. For each of them, the love they feel lights up their spirit. Loving and caring for someone else gives their spirit more light. Beyond that, the two cups together emit another single arc of light. They have a deep bond where the sum of the parts is much more than either would be separately. The relationship itself, the synergy between them, is a source of light.

Venus in Cancer. Love and sensual passion in a strong, bonded relationship. Love in the home. The Crowley keyword is Love.

--Myrrha

Akuts

Myrrha said:
The cups are sweating, there is definitely alot of passion depicted in the card.

I agree. The card shows almost nothing but the passion of this couple's moment. It is a pictorial representation of their emotions in their union.

It is tender, and very moving, but it shows only their feelings, as if the world had disappeared for them and they are floating in space. The only things of the world that I can find in this card are a lone butterfly at the bottom, two heavenly bodies, and a smattering of stars. While I feel that their love is pure, I wonder if the lack of worldly associations shows that something is missing. One (or two) can't float in an impassioned moment for ever.

JulieK

I feel this is a passionate animated relationship occurring or developing. The contents of the cup look warm (condensation and glow) which suggests to me again the relationship is very strong/animated/passionate.The toasting position of the glasses suggests there is something to celebrate, or a union of two entities - perhaps wedding/good business deal etc. The presence of the stars and universe make me feel that their passion is enduring.

I do agree that although their love is passionate but it may not necessarily last for ever. Both flowers and butterflies are beautiful when they are alive but die quickly. I think my exact interpretation would vary depending on the rest of the spread.