Alchemical Tarot Study Group

sapienza

Thanks Leisa. I have the book but I think that will be a huge help to those who don't have it.

sapienza

Leisa said:
I don't know if this would be intersting or helpful but I just got Bob's permission to post the text from the original book as a reference for looking at one card a week.

Hi Leisa, Just wanted to check, would you post this on the forum here?

ETA....sorry Leisa, I see you've already started. Thanks for that.

XIII

I expect my deck to arrive in a few days, and will definitely join in! The companion notes are a big bonus – thanks.

sapienza

Welcome XIII, I look forward to your contributions.

For anyone who is a bit lost, here is the link to the index thread for this study group.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49722

So far there are links for the Ace and Two of Coins, I have also started a thread for the Three of Coins and PM'd Sulis to let her know so this should be added soon.

mystere2e

Hey everyone -- Count me in for the study group. I just received the Renewed deck last week and can hardly wait to really sink my teeth into it.

I think it would be best to first progress through the Majors; that way we can go through the "story" or narrative of the first 22 cards together. Then studying the elemental minors will fall in place with the main story Bob has laid out in the Majors. [Edit: Can I ask why some people have chosen to start out with studying Coins? Seems like an odd choice. Just asking.]

What do you guys think? Want to start with the Fool? (There is already a thread for this card.)

Also, how should we structure this study group? How about one card per week starting each Sunday? We could start the study group this Sunday the 6th of April.

Just some ideas!

P.S. Leisa -- Where have you posted the text from Bob's book?

wytchwood

I just got my Alchemical Renewed and would love to participate in the study group!

Zoe xx

sapienza

mystere2e said:
Hey everyone -- Count me in for the study group. I just received the Renewed deck last week and can hardly wait to really sink my teeth into it.

I think it would be best to first progress through the Majors; that way we can go through the "story" or narrative of the first 22 cards together. Then studying the elemental minors will fall in place with the main story Bob has laid out in the Majors. [Edit: Can I ask why some people have chosen to start out with studying Coins? Seems like an odd choice. Just asking.]

What do you guys think? Want to start with the Fool? (There is already a thread for this card.)

Also, how should we structure this study group? How about one card per week starting each Sunday? We could start the study group this Sunday the 6th of April.

Just some ideas!

P.S. Leisa -- Where have you posted the text from Bob's book?

Hi there. The reason we started with the Coins was because these two cards had already been done back in 2005 and so we have just added to the existing threads. I assume they began with Coins because in the original companion book Place starts with Coins first.

I believe Leisa has now started a thread for the Fool as you mention so I guess we will go through the majors as you suggested. Leisa is posting the text from the book in the threads for each card as we go on a weekly basis from what I understand.

The link to the index thread for this study group is below:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49722

Glad you are joining us and welcome to Zoe as well :)

sapienza

I have to also say, I WISH this study group could have it's own little forum as it would be a lot easier then to just 'watch' the forum as it's so easy to miss new threads when they are started.

mystere2e

What if you subscribed to the little index thread? Does it notify you when the index is updated (Like when we add the new thread each Sunday and it is added to the index list?)

sapienza, as one of the folks who started the study to begin with, I am glad you like the idea of re-starting with the Majors. :) I wasn't criticizing the decision to start with Coins, although it still seems strange that Place would begin his book with that suit. I suppose he has an explanation for it though!

I'm really looking forward to starting out on the Fool this weekend; it's the Major card whose symbolism with which I am least familiar.

This is gonna rock!

sapienza

Place orders the minor suits from the least to most spiritual, so starts with the physical/material suit of coins, then vessels, then swords and finishes with the fiery spiritual suit of staffs. It is quite different to what I've been used to but it does make sense.

I didn't take your comments as criticism. I'd have probably started with the Fool myself if the Coins hadn't been started. Sometimes though I think it's good to get into the minors to start with as well because, particularly in this deck, they are quite different to say the RWS meanings.

Also, there is nothing to stop anyone starting a thread for a card they are working on and want a bit of input in. Just always remember to PM Sulis to let her know you've started a new thread and she'll add it to the Index.

And good idea to subscribe to the Index thread. That is probably the best way to keep on top of new threads starting. I posted my comments on the three of coins earlier and hope to get to the Fool later today. I'm really excited about this study group and am really pleased we have lots of people keen to join in :)