Alchemical Tarot Study Group

Kenny

I'm in, or as in as I can be!

sapienza

sapienza said:
And good idea to subscribe to the Index thread. That is probably the best way to keep on top of new threads starting.

I just thought that this probably isn't going to work. When the moderators add new links for new threads they are only editing the original post and so I don't think that would show up if you were watching it. I'll just have to remember to check that thread regularly.

Welcome Kenny, I'm glad you can join us :)

Sulis

sapienza said:
I have to also say, I WISH this study group could have it's own little forum as it would be a lot easier then to just 'watch' the forum as it's so easy to miss new threads when they are started.

Hi Sapienza,

The way to get the study group added to the Individual Deck Studies sub-forums is to keep posting here. Once the study group has a good number of threads I'll let Solandia know and she'll give it it's own sub-forum.
We only give study groups their own sub-forums when they have a lot of threads as many groups begin with lots of enthusiasm but then fade away to nothing very quickly...

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator

sapienza

Thanks Sulis,

I completely understand! We'll just keep going and hopefully maintain the momentum this time around :)

taniatingel

Ooh... I'm new to Tarot in general (as a serious study) and I just bought the delicious Alchemical Tarot renewed. Am very excited about a study group!!!!
Please count me in... This is my first post ever, so I might blunder about a bit till I get the hang of it.

In other comments, is anybody finding that the ink on the edges of the cards is starting to chip away (on the backs)? I now see the wisdom of white borders on the back of cards.

sapienza

Welcome taniatingel. I'm so pleased you will be joining the study group. Don't be concerned about being new to Tarot, most of us are new to this deck and so it's a great way to share and to learn.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the deck as I'm actually working with the original edition just now. I'm planning to order my Renewed version in about a week.

mac22

brenmck said:
Looking for any of you who would like to form a study group for the Alchemical Tarot.

How about one card per week?

Robert Place's accompanying book would be a valuable reference, as he includes so many alchemical symbols in the cards.

For convenience and easier reference, Place's book begins the study of the Minor Arcana in Chapter Four. The first suit discussed is the Ace of Coins, so perhaps we could begin there, with the Ace of Coins, and follow the sequence of his book.

If anyone in the course of study has a particularly compelling and/or mystifying card you'd like to delve into, let's do that, but let's stay in the suit that we're currently discussing (?).

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Ace of Coins, anyone?

brenmck

Count me in I'm amazed with the deck.

Mac22

mystere2e

Hey guys -- I think we're going to start with The Fool tomorrow (Sunday April 6th).

There's already a thread for that card so post your insight up there and let's get goin'! I'm so excited. This card has a lot of "old tyme" imagery so there will be lots of research involved. Hee hee.

sapienza

Leisa posted the text from the original book regarding the fool earlier in the week and a few of us have already added comments. I'm looking forward to hearing from others as well. For those who are interested there are also threads for the Ace, Two and Three of Coins that we've been discussing as well over the last week or so and Leisa has also posted the text from the book in these threads.

sapienza

Just a reminder. I posted this last week...

sapienza said:
Also, there is nothing to stop anyone starting a thread for a card they are working on and want a bit of input in. Just always remember to PM Sulis to let her know you've started a new thread and she'll add it to the Index.

If you are totally lost with any particular card just jump in and start a thread. I'm sure we can all help each other out :)