Alchemical Tarot Study Group - Ace of Coins

sapienza

I agree with mj07, I think this is the first Ace of Coins I've really loved as well. I love the idea from a much earlier post by namesoftrees about the idea of the rabbit connecting with Alice in Wonderland. That has really resonated for me. It's as if this rabbit can lead us on a journey within, to discover the secrets of our own unconscious and to begin to understand how our inner self, our spirit, is connected to our physical/material life. What we see manifesting in our life is a reflection of what is within. Also, I guess this card could simply indicate that growth (indicated by the flowers, tree etc) is available to us at this time.

mj07

While many other tarot decks give this Ace the appearance of floating in the sky, my feeling about the Alchemical Ace of Coins is almost that it has slowly emerged from the earth (thus my idea that it looks like it's been there for a while, maybe?)

sapienza

I like that idea mj07. It's certainly a more grounded version of this ace than in some other decks.

taniatingel

What an ace card

I love all your interpretations of this card. It has made me look at it in a new light... I'm a novice in this tarot business... so my comments might seem a little naive.

The bunny has a lovely innocence to it. I love the fact that it sees the coin but it doesn't seem important to it - it's in the rabbit's background. (Much like how we are asked to observe our thoughts without attachment during meditation.) The bunny seems to be thinking "where to from here?" It's head is facing the right but it's body is facing the left. A project has begun and soon it will have to take the next step.

The coin takes up a lot of room on the card but it is not the whole picture. In this sometimes materialistic world it would be great to view the material like the rabbit does. It's there... but it's not the whole picture... and we should not make it so. It makes me think of global warming and what we humans have done to this earth... in this card the balance seems to be a healthy one between the natural and man-made. The coin does not disrupt it's environment... It feels to me that it could end up being there for years and it won't harm anything around it. Therefore I feel that this card indicates a very positive beginning of something new in the area of health, work, material wealth etc. But as Place describes - it has emanated from the spiritual... and though it may manifest in the material it will be a positive force in the readers life.

taniatingel

Testing...

mac22

Leisa said:
Ace of Coins

A rabbit is in front of a large coin nestled in front of a bower of the earth. The coin shows the four directions or elements radiating from a diamond shaped hole. The hole in the center is the quinta essentia, the womb-like space that allows the creation of physical matter. This card, which introduces the suit associated with the element earth, shows how the matter emanates from and encases the soul.

Tarot wisdom: You are at the beginning of well-being, which could pertain to physical health, material well-being, or receiving or giving nurturing. You are on the right path to acquisitions, wealth, and success in the material world. Don't forget, however, that every manifestation in the material world emanates from the spirit. Enjoy the material but don't neglect the spiritual.

I just got the deck..... this Ace really grabbed my attention. It's good to know I was on track.

Mac22

jbdesign28

The bunny has a lovely innocence to it. I love the fact that it sees the coin but it doesn't seem important to it - it's in the rabbit's background. (Much like how we are asked to observe our thoughts without attachment during meditation.) The bunny seems to be thinking "where to from here?" It's head is facing the right but it's body is facing the left. A project has begun and soon it will have to take the next step.

I have been getting this card repeatedly in the past month or so and one of the things that strikes me about it is the fact that the rabbit is turning around. Almost like he's doing a double take. Suggesting maybe that something needs to be started over or reevaluated?

He could also be starting a journey "down the rabbit hole".

Streamfinder

I noticed this flower also appears with The Empress?

:) yes and it also appears growing from the rear-most vessel in the six of vessels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk