Gumppenberg circa 1812

Le Fanu

The LoS one is also lovely. It is one of their historic decks which doesn't have titles of any sort. Always the best kind!

Moonbow

Just wondering if we can persuade Mr OnePotato to repost some images, since the aol site is now no longer available. :)

Bernice

Oooh! What a good idea Moonbow! Yoohoo! Mr OnePotato, I see you're online. Your great scans are sorely missed........

Bee :)

OnePotato

OK, I've replaced the photos on the first & 14th posts.
:)

The il Meneghello reprint is a very fair approximation of the original.
It's a reprint of the other old version with the altered signature on the 2-cups.

The LoS is a reprint of the same old version that I have.

One of these days I'll get a copy of the LoS and have a look at all three to see if there are any noticeable variations in the hand coloring among them.

Bernice

Many many thanks :) :)

Off to see them.

Bernice

My Gumppenberg cards, the deck I sold, was like the image in your post (14) with the creamy background.

I much prefer the images that are in your first post. Looking forward to the LS version in the mail and hoping they resemble yours.

Le Fanu

The colours are so vibrant in those photos. Especially the yellows. Beautiful.

Moonbow

Ah lovely, thanks OnePotato. I was thinking that the Lo Scarabeo is quite a true reproduction except the colours are nowhere near as bright as your deck.

This is a deck which I've looked at many times and didn't buy, then I received it in a trade. I have never tried to read with it but I agree its a beautiful deck, far more ornate and detailed than Marseilles decks.

Its wonderful to reopen this thread and repost the images, thanks very much.

sapienza

How wonderful to see those scans. Thanks so much :)

I really love the Empress in this deck. I must say I never read with this deck, but it's wonderful to have it all the same.

Bernice

Got it!

My LS Lombardy tarot has arrived.

Re-visiting these images with a cardstock that I can handle in peace. (They're more wipe-clean then the lovely Menghello).

The Devil looks a nice chap, but see his hands they point up and down. He's one to be wary of I think dispite his good looks.

......mulling through the other cards....