Favorite Cards

Myrrha

I thought it would be interesting to hear from people about what their favorite Cosmic Tarot cards are.

I really like the Moon card and the Star. Both of them are lovely night-time cards yet shimmering with light . The Star card especially shows the reflection of moon and stars on the water and spiritual light being drawn to the earth from the heavens. It is so peaceful.

I also quite like the Prince of Cups. It is a wonderful card with the Venetian background suggesting intrigue and the intensity of Scorpio well expressed by the Prince's expression.

What are your favorite cards in this deck and what do you like about them?

--Myrrha

angelegg

oh boy! well, if we're just talking about the art of the basic RWS decks, in my universal waite, i love DEATH. it's just such an interesting card to look at and i rarely see it in any reading i do or receive for that matter. so i suppose that's where the art fascination comes in. i tend to look at it longer than the rest.

as for my favourite card for overall purposes (meaning, look), i'd have to say THE HANGED MAN. it's just such a mysterious card. i love how in most decks he's hanging upside down yet so calm. the true martyr and philosopher/mystic. i also have to say THE MOON too. whenever i get this card, i smile. it's just so crazy yet comforting at the same time.

as for minors, i also love the 9 of PENTACLES and 7 of CUPS. the 9P just reminds me of a kept woman who has nothing to do with her life but garden and watch soap operas and has realized money isn't everything... the card always tells some sort of story to me when i see it. and the 7C is just full of possibilities when i look at it. i can get lost in the meaning of that card quite easily.

Myrrha

angelegg you picked lovely cards.
I like the RWS Death and Moon cards quite a bit too! However this is the Cosmic Tarot study group so I did mean to ask people which cards in the Cosmic Tarot they like the best. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I will edit my post.

If you like the RWS Moon card take a look at this, it is the Cosmic Tarot Moon card, see what you think!

http://www.tarot.com/tarot/decks/index.php?deckID=4&cardID=19

--Myrrha

angelegg said:
oh boy! well, if we're just talking about the art of the basic RWS decks, in my universal waite, i love DEATH. it's just such an interesting card to look at and i rarely see it in any reading i do or receive for that matter. so i suppose that's where the art fascination comes in. i tend to look at it longer than the rest.

as for my favourite card for overall purposes (meaning, look), i'd have to say THE HANGED MAN. it's just such a mysterious card. i love how in most decks he's hanging upside down yet so calm. the true martyr and philosopher/mystic. i also have to say THE MOON too. whenever i get this card, i smile. it's just so crazy yet comforting at the same time.

as for minors, i also love the 9 of PENTACLES and 7 of CUPS. the 9P just reminds me of a kept woman who has nothing to do with her life but garden and watch soap operas and has realized money isn't everything... the card always tells some sort of story to me when i see it. and the 7C is just full of possibilities when i look at it. i can get lost in the meaning of that card quite easily.

angelegg

Myrrha said:
angelegg you picked lovely cards.
I like the RWS Death and Moon cards quite a bit too! However this is the Cosmic Tarot study group so I did mean to ask people which cards in the Cosmic Tarot they like the best. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I will edit my post.

If you like the RWS Moon card take a look at this, it is the Cosmic Tarot Moon card, see what you think!

http://www.tarot.com/tarot/decks/index.php?deckID=4&cardID=19

--Myrrha

LOL!!!! omg... that's what i get for going to "QUICK LINKS" and hitting "NEW POSTS" and not reading what the thread is called! :D :D :D i'm so sorry! i don't even have that deck-- but at least i got a good laugh! :D

sapienza

Ok Myrrha, I shouldn't be here as I'm doing an IDS with another deck, but I just can't help myself as I love this deck so much :laugh:

I agree that the Moon and Star are absolutely gorgeous. Probably my favourite of both these cards in any deck.

Other majors that I absolutely love in this deck are Justice, The Empress, The Hermit, The Hierophant, The Tower and The World. The Hierophant in this deck is one of my absolute favourites, it's my number card and I feel like it's such a great interpretation of this card. Of the courts I love the Queen of Swords, Queen and King of Cups. I also love the Two of Swords - just looks so peaceful, and the Three, four and nine of Pentacles These Pentacle cards look like there is just so much going on, I used these awhile ago to do some journalling where you entered the card and imagined talking to the people, just wonderful.

OK, I'll stop now. I love this deck. I look forward down the track to spending some more time with it and perhaps joining in this study group.

SpiritOfTheDogz

I've just tried to pick my favourite and it's difficult, ended up with half the pack originally but narrowed it down:

the Devil is equal favourite with the Tower and the Fool. The Devil almost looks comical rather than frightening as in some decks, which makes me look at situations a little bit lighter. The tower is bright, most cards I have seen are darkish in colour, the green tower I think really works well. The Fool is one of the best I've seen, in most decks although he is supposed to be a happy go lucky sort of person, he looks quite sad, here he looks really happy. I think the drawing of the dog could have been better though. The Chariot is almost up there with the others, the artwork isn't quite as good but it is nice to see the whole chariot doing something instead of just a close up.

As for the minors, three stand out more than the rest. Five of Pentacles really shows hardship like no other card i've seen does. Two of Swords is also a great card, I just love the silouette of the birds in the moon (or are they bats?). Another one of my favourites is the six of Cups, although it is supposed to be quite a positive card, it has a lot of negaativity to it aswell, the way she isn't looking at him and even the dark clours used for the card, it shows me that although he is happy, she isn't.

Paul

Myrrha

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
Another one of my favourites is the six of Cups, although it is supposed to be quite a positive card, it has a lot of negaativity to it aswell, the way she isn't looking at him and even the dark clours used for the card, it shows me that although he is happy, she isn't.

Paul

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering about the difference betweenthe Six and Nine of Cups. I hadn't noticed before that she doesn't look entirely happy. I ended up with most of the pack at first too, sign of a really good deck.

Sapienza I'm so glad you dropped by in spite of IDS! It is OK to look a little bit...from time to time...

--Myrrha

flyingwind66

oh I love the world card, it was my favourite when I first got the deck ^_^
the star and the hermit are beautiful too, I love the overall colours and tone of those cards.

I also love the strength, queen of swords, high priestess lol

Fostha

One of my favourites in this (faithful old trusted) deck of mine is the queen of swords.I like the image of the lovers behind her,almost makes me think that perhaps, that was her 'choice' in life that's caused her real heartache,and made her into that queen she is there.Funny thing is,the lady on the picture in the lovers has them 3 stars on her arm,(which i also have tattooed in the same place, in real life )so it makes me think is this queen,that same lady,never forgetting that 'choice',but also realising it was the one that made her the lady she is now? I can definitely understand them that way,i'd love to know what others think.

Myrrha

Fostha said:
One of my favourites in this (faithful old trusted) deck of mine is the queen of swords.I like the image of the lovers behind her,almost makes me think that perhaps, that was her 'choice' in life that's caused her real heartache,and made her into that queen she is there.Funny thing is,the lady on the picture in the lovers has them 3 stars on her arm,(which i also have tattooed in the same place, in real life )so it makes me think is this queen,that same lady,never forgetting that 'choice',but also realising it was the one that made her the lady she is now? I can definitely understand them that way,i'd love to know what others think.

Hi Fostha
This is one of the things I love about this deck. There is a whole network of links where one card relates to another, it adds a lot of depth to the deck.

Did you get your tattoo on purpose like the card or did you get it and then see the card? Wonderful either way!

Yes, I see the Queen as thinking about a past choice that brought her where she is now. The sign she rules is Gemini and people with that influence tend to think about what "might have been if.../could have been if things were slightly different.../almost was.../perhaps still could be if...". The Queen of Wands doesn't think about that at all although she also is where she is because of her choices, as are we all.