Alchemical Study Group - Seven of Staffs

Leisa

(Excerpts from the book 'The Alchemical Tarot' have been used with the kind permission of Robert Place.)

Two dogs fight, and one bites the other on the face. In the background, seven staffs form a gnarled tangle that has a menacing appearance.

Tarot wisdom: This is a dog-eat-dog world. You meet with competition from others or are engaged in a struggle for superiority. This message speaks to the negative aspects of competition, where people try to win by causing others to lose.

mac22

Stress & competition are everywhere today..... I just do my best & treat others fairly.

Mac22

sapienza

I have to say this is one of my least favourite cards in the deck. I guess I find it really hard to see it positively. I guess that sometimes when you are passionate enough about your ideas/ideals then you will fight for them at whatever cost, even if it is at the expense of another.

MareSaturni

I always think the dogs in the cards could be playing... a violent game. Because dogs do bite and "fight" as a way of playing.

Something that starts as a simple competition and ends up turning into a real fight. A dangerous game arousing passionate emotions, that are dangerous if not under control.