The Dark Self - spread.

Elven

Hi all,

This purpose of this spread is to reveal the Darker Side of ourselves in the hope of understanding the hidden aspects, recognize its source, and find a conclusion.

Tarot and/or Oracle.

This is a bit premature (putting up the thread), but I'll post in a week or so. Just thought I'd put it up now to see if anyone would like to try it respond to some of the placements. I would have prefered a seven card spread but the layout is based on a pentagram. Please comment, and Ill post back soon.

1. Darkest Hidden Aspect - Single point of Darkness within.

2. Source of Darkness - where does the darkness come from - how did it manifest. Where does it hide.

3. Face of Darkness - How can you recognize the Darkness within. How does the darkness reveal itself. How does it impact on your life.

4. Feeding the Darkness - How are you 'Feeding the Demons' - What are you doing that keeps the Darkness alive within.

5. The Lightside of Darkness - what is the positive aspect of this side. How does it benefit your life. The necessary aspects.

6. Culling the Darkness - Restoring the balance, Harmonizing.

***********2**************
******4***********5*******
***********6**************
******1***********3*******

Hope it comes in handy.

Many Blessings
Elven x

rcb30872

Hi Elven

I'm not sure about the positions. I'm willing to give it a go, something I would be interested in looking into with my quest for self-awareness.

Bec

WhiteRaven

I think this is an excellent spread and will give it a go over the next few days. The diagram reminds me of a spread in the book "Tarot Shadow Work"

Thanks! :)

Sophie

It looks great, Elven! I'll also give it a go. I like the circle and dot layout - the dot being the reduction to the essence of the querent - what balances our whole. I would say we are whole with our darkness and our light...

inanna_tarot

Helvetica said:
I like the circle and dot layout

Hmm I thought it was a pentagram?!

Either way I like your thoughts on a circle and dot :) Pentagram spreads never seem to fit right with me - dunno why. Maybe its because I wouldnt have spread shape of the Christian Cross, but then I do readings in the shape of a Druidic Awen symbol all the time. No idea!

Sezo
x

FantasyWorld

I tried this spread with my Fradella deck and was very impressed with the deck and the spread;)

Thanks for posting it...look forward to using it again with a different dek next time!

BB
Alanna

Elven

Thankyou Rcb30872, White Raven, Helvetica, Inanna_Tarot and Fantasy World for taking the time to write the feedback! :)

WhiteRaven said:
I think this is an excellent spread and will give it a go over the next few days. The diagram reminds me of a spread in the book "Tarot Shadow Work"

Have fun trying the spread! Im not sure of the Shadow Tarot spread, but maybe you could adapt it to that(?). How many placements are in the spread (?) Im looking for one more. :)

Helvetica said:
I like the circle and dot layout - the dot being the reduction to the essence of the querent - what balances our whole. I would say we are whole with our darkness and our light...

Helvetica - I like the idea of the circle and the inner card too! (Thankyou!:))
As I mentioned I wanted a seven card spread, so it would be easier to add to still than having to change the pentagram layout and placements - In a 7 card palcement, I would start in the middle and end in the middle - just a suggestion. This would give a overlayed meaning to the two central cards - The Whole - as you said! :)

rcb30872 said:
I'm not sure about the positions. I'm willing to give it a go, something I would be interested in looking into with my quest for self-awareness.

Please let me know how it goes and how you did the layout. Any suggestions would be welcome. :)

Inanna_Tarot said:
Maybe its because I wouldnt have spread shape of the Christian Cross, but then I do readings in the shape of a Druidic Awen symbol all the time. No idea!

I think it would be possible to lay it out anyway you felt comfortable with or adapt it to/with another spread. If you do try it that way let me know. Im not sure what the Awen cross looks like? :)

Fantasy World said:
I tried this spread with my Fradella deck and was very impressed with the deck and the spread

I havent seen this deck - is it a dark deck? I will look on the cards section at ATF. Thanks for trying it out! :)

I will investigate getting a dark deck for this spread too. Im sure it would work well with Fairies, Symbols, Runes or any other type of divination tool, but theres something that calls me!! :)

Thankyou all :)
Blessings
Elven x

rcb30872

Hi Elven

I did the spread as you had the positions had suggested by you. It seemed to work quite well. What an experience!!!!!! While I was writing down my interpretations of the cards my vision kept going dark and the light, and then dark, and so on. After I finished the reading, what a headache!! I took that as a good sign that it worked in trying to uncover the dark side, so to speak. It has been there for a very long time, all the way back from the childhood, so I would say that I really have to work hard in removing the blocks and inhibitions that I have, as I think that there is some reluctance on my part. I no longer want the burden, so it will be the battle of the wills, something that I have noticed that I have come quite good at, but with other people, not myself.

Bec

Elven

Hi Bec,
Thanks for the feedback on the spread. :) Your reading sounding so interesting! I think this spread, or any other like it, has the potential to shift the conciousness, and surface the darkness so that we can be more in tune with the self. Well, I guess, that goes for any spread - but its easy to be blinded by the light of the love and career type questions and spreads. I think your brave to have a look!! :)
I think its the type of spread that unless your prepared to open up to and feel at ease with - it would be hard to interpret without being 'moved' emotionally in some way. Reactions such as - this is totally wrong, rubbish, I dont understand this at all, may lead back to the reader - it maynot be the right time to explore the inner self as such a depth. This is why I think its important to see how the spread works. Its a hard one to read for others as I think its very personal stuff, but that I think comes down to the cards that are used too. It sounds as if you did a great job with it, just by what you said, its sounded as if you got something out of it!

Sorry about the headache! :)
(It might be the only spread with a disclaimer) LOL! :D

It makes me think that the last card or an extra card should be drawn with further 'healing' or positive 'intension'. Thats why your feed back is so important and really appreciated - thankyou :)

Take much care
Many blessings
Elven x

rcb30872

Hi Elven

I have given some thought, and I think that a few (at least one more) card at the end would be good. For example

7: How can you cull the darkness.

The reason why I say this, is because in my reading for Culling the Darkness I got The Hanged Man - which I took as to give it up, which led me to think, well how to I give it up.

Bec