Guidelines for sharing Tarot Spreads

Solandia

* Remember to the include the name of the spread or a description in the subject line, to it can be found easily.

* Please respect copyright when sharing new spreads and layouts. If the spread is from a book or website, please include the title and author or a link to the website.

Thank you!

~ Solandia

Thirteen

Place-holders?

This is TERRIFIC! I love this additional section.

One thing that I'd like to add to the guidelines though. PLEASE USE "place-holders" instead of "spaces" when setting out a spread. Here's what I mean--sometimes what we write down in our message box doesn't turn out looking the same once the message gets posted. Not a problem with words, but a real problem if trying to create a shape. Take this for instance:

A spread:

2 3

Now I did the above spread just using spaces (i.e., just hitting the space bar). From the look of it, the spread is 1-2-4 in a line down, with 3 to the side. But that ISN'T what I wanted to submit at all! To fix it, I have to use place-holders instead of the space-bar. Thus:

****1****
2*******3
****4****

Numbers are useful in showing the order the cards are laid out--but not in showing how the spread looks, what its shape is. If you just use the space bar between numbers, it might not be clear what that shape is. So please use astrisks instead--or some other symbol or method--to make clear the shape of your spread. Thank you!

wavebreaker

If you want to share a reading you've done with one of the spreads posted here, please post it in the Your Readings forum!

Moonbow

Please do tell me by PM if you have posted a new spread and I have missed puting it in the Index

Moonbow

One-liners!

Please try to keep posts relevant to the spread that has been posted and informative on the structure or trial of the spread, or giving an opinion.

Posts with one-liners such as those below will be removed.

"I like this one", or, "I'm going to try this one".

Edited to add: Rather than post such one-liners as above, remember there is a rating system operating on stars. It's found at the top right hand side of each thread next to Thread Tools and Search This Thread.

Moonbow

New Ruling for Tarot Spreads Forum

Example readings may now be posted in Tarot Spreads along with the original spread, in the same post. The idea is for it to accompany the spread as an example of how the spread might read, but not for comments by others.

Readings for comments using spreads from this forum should be posted in Your Readings

Moonbow*

Sheri

Post layouts rather than links, please...

When possible, please post the layouts here (in posts and/or attachments) in this forum rather than linking to them in other locations... it keeps the complete discussion here. Of course, please give credit to the author and the author's site, but if the layouts are only linked, there is always a risk that if the other site goes down or something happens, the threads are rendered useless because the layouts aren't available anymore.

Posting the layouts here, in lieu of links also provides the original author a location from which he or she can rebuild their collection if something does happen to their site and files.

Sheri