My homemade CBD TdM!

feynrir

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to show you my homemade CBD Tarot de Marseille majors only deck. I really love Yoav Ben Dov's Tarot de Marseille. It's just too beautiful to not try and replicate. What a fine mix between elegantly traditional and thoroughly accessible! :love:

As per the usual, my spending habits on tarot are...erratic, and occasionally careful. :D So seeing his CC-licensed card pictures on his website back when, I knew I had to print my own copy and color it.

The deck cost me only 4 USD, but many hours. I've bonded with it immensely, and made changes as I wanted. For the most part, though, I follow YBD's coloring model.

That dang card back that I dreamed up caused the most trouble of all! But I'm fond of it and that's what counts. Worth every minute of trancelike coloring-state.

What do you think? (Fishing for praise, but also criticisms!) Has anyone else made their own TdM, maybe even a CBD one?

Thanks, friends!

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 308

cardwitch

Awesome! Looks just like a "real" deck to me! You did a great job on the coloring. I especially love the look of La Papesse. Nice backs, too :D

Alta

Really great work on that. And as you say, you can bond so well with a deck that you put so much effort and attention into.

delizt

WOW, that back is stunning!!! I love what you have done and the "many hours" shows in the deck, i
t's lovely, well done:)

Katniss

really beautiful! that got me interested in doing the same as i was looking to buy a marseille deck but it is very hard to find one there's not much choice in the US. could u tell me where to find that tarot to color? how did u do to print the cards? what did u use to color it? is it possible to also color the minors? $4 u can bit that! thx 4 your help.

Katniss

thx! i just followed the link + downloaded the cards. pity that it's just the 22 majors that we can color.
what i don't know is how i'm gonna be able to make decent cards out of them as i have a poor printer.
i hope feynrir will see this post + tip me on the printing... i think that a local printer would probably charge me arms + legs to print them for me + she visibly didn't invest much into it.

feynrir

thx! i just followed the link + downloaded the cards. pity that it's just the 22 majors that we can color.
what i don't know is how i'm gonna be able to make decent cards out of them as i have a poor printer.
i hope feynrir will see this post + tip me on the printing... i think that a local printer would probably charge me arms + legs to print them for me + she visibly didn't invest much into it.

Hi Katniss!! And thank you EVERYONE :D This deck gives me so much joy, I'm glad to spread the TdM love :love: I guess I'm lucky in that I love reading Majors only, so the fact that those are the only ones available to color doesnt bother me super much. It took long enough as it was.

I organized the images into a template on my computer. Burned it to a CD. Took it to Kinko's, where I simply asked them to "print it on white cardstock." The size they gave me? I don't know, but it was perfect. Not very thick, but sturdy enough that you knew it was cardstock. This cost me two dollars.

I used Sharpies to color the images so that the color would remain bold and permanent; not smear easily. However, I do NOT recommend this if you want to make a less time-consuminng back than I did. The backs I did individualy and cost me hours upon hours of my life. I chose the back I did only because I couldn't find an adequate stamp and I was cheap and impatient--but also because they hide the Sharpie that bled through quite a bit.

After all the coloring was done, I laminated them at my workplace, which allowed for a two-dollar lamination job. I used heat laminate, 3mil. With the thin cardstock, I highly recommend this. Turned out exquisite.

And there you have it!! :)

MoonGypsy

Wow, F, i am impressed!
Lovely! :love:

Katniss

Hi Katniss!! And thank you EVERYONE :D This deck gives me so much joy, I'm glad to spread the TdM love :love: I guess I'm lucky in that I love reading Majors only, so the fact that those are the only ones available to color doesnt bother me super much. It took long enough as it was.

I organized the images into a template on my computer. Burned it to a CD. Took it to Kinko's, where I simply asked them to "print it on white cardstock." The size they gave me? I don't know, but it was perfect. Not very thick, but sturdy enough that you knew it was cardstock. This cost me two dollars.

I used Sharpies to color the images so that the color would remain bold and permanent; not smear easily. However, I do NOT recommend this if you want to make a less time-consuminng back than I did. The backs I did individualy and cost me hours upon hours of my life. I chose the back I did only because I couldn't find an adequate stamp and I was cheap and impatient--but also because they hide the Sharpie that bled through quite a bit.

After all the coloring was done, I laminated them at my workplace, which allowed for a two-dollar lamination job. I used heat laminate, 3mil. With the thin cardstock, I highly recommend this. Turned out exquisite.

And there you have it!! :)

hey Feynrir! :) thx 4 the detailed explanations! i'm gonna look into it where i live + see what they offer... i'll have to find someone to laminate + find a way for the minors...