Games to "break the ice" at parties?

Storm82

would like to present the tarot cards in a non serious manner at a party (there may be some aprehensive people there thats not comfortable with serious tarot readings).
want to show that tarot can be fun (no fear of death/devil card)
anyone have ideas?

Krakken

would like to present the tarot cards in serious manner at party (there may be some aprehensive people there thats not comfortable with serious tarot readings).
anyone have ideas?

Tarot is serious! What about ... Hej guys ! Do you want to know when you'll die? :) always works!

queen_of_cups_15

Tarot is serious! What about ... Hej guys ! Do you want to know when you'll die? :) always works!

HA! I like that idea. that should break the ice lol

Apollonia

would like to present the tarot cards in a non serious manner at a party (there may be some aprehensive people there thats not comfortable with serious tarot readings).
anyone have ideas?
Not to be the wet blanket, but just a caution that if your intention is to eventually read professionally for any of these folks, you may want to be careful about how you present yourself and the Tarot. First impressions do tend to stick, and if you know you might want to do actual readings for anyone who will be present at the party, you won't want them thinking that you don't take yourself or your readings seriously.

Michael Sternbach

I agree with others here. I only do "serious" readings, even on parties. Talk with people about what really moves them. That WILL "break the ice" - for sure!

If that sounds too sober, don't take your Tarot cards out at all. Do a (fake) magic show instead.

KristinCali

Spread the deck out face down at the dinner table. Have somebody draw a card and start a story based on the card (Once upon a time, there was a handsome man on a horse who...) then the next person draws a card and adds 2 or 3 sentences to the story, and so on. I think that would be SO fun especially with people not familiar with Tarot!

KristinCali

I had read somewhere about a murder-mystery-party with tarot. Something about whoever was dealt the death card was the victim, and whoever was dealt an ace was a suspect (swords = stabbed the victim, cups = poisoned them) but I can't remember anything about how to play!